Are you tired of always reaching for your inhaler or having to take pills to control your asthma?
Are you looking for an alternative to medication to help reduce your asthma attacks or spurts of tightness in breathing?
What many people don’t know is that there are natural ways to help asthma using common household items or ones you can easily pick up at the grocery store.
In this article, we’ll show you some of the best natural asthma relief remedies. Hopefully, by trying the recommendations below, you’ll find the one that works best for you.
Figs have natural properties that help improve respiratory health and are an excellent resource to drain phlegm that builds up in your throat. Try this trick below and see if it helps with your asthma symptoms:
- Wash 3 dried figs and soak in water over night
- In the morning, eat both the figs and drink the water
- Repeat this daily
In another article on asthma we referenced a study that concluded that taking Magnesium supplements improves lung function and gives asthmatics better control over their asthma.
Magnesium can be found naturally in mustard. To help clear your lungs try this process:
- Heat mustard oil in a small pan and add in camphor until it dissolves
- Once this mixture cools, dab your fingers into it and massage it on your chest
- After about 5 minutes you should start to notice relief from asthma symptoms
Turmeric is well known for its anti-inflammatory properties and is a great natural way to get rid of mucus that builds up in your lungs and makes breathing more difficult. The real secret behind this remedy is an extract called curcumin. To help clear your lungs of this junk, try this:
- Heat a cup of milk on the stove or warm it in the microwave
- Mix in 1tsp of turmeric powder
- Drink this mixture at least three times per day for continuous relief
Not only is ginger a super food but it also packs a lot of herbal power to combat asthma symptoms. For decades it has been used to help all types of ailments and asthma has always been one of them.
The quickest and easiest way to reap the benefits of Ginger is to slice off a piece and chew on it daily.
If you find it too strong to chew on, here’s another method to try:
- Bring a cup of water to a boil on the stove or in the microwave
- Dice one inch of ginger and mix it into the water
- Allow it to cool and then drink
- Repeat this at least twice per day
Many people know that Eucalyptus oil is great for pain relief, but it’s also works well as for natural asthma remedies. It works by blocking some chemicals that trigger asthma. If you feel an attack come on, try this trick below and see if it helps:
- Fill a small pot with water and bring it to a boil
- Pour 2-3 drops of Eucalyptus oil into the boiling water
- Drape a towel over you head and place your face over the pot at a safe distance so not to get burned
- Inhale the steam that comes from the boiling water using deep breaths
A final way to get help with asthma that doesn’t require medication is to place an air purifier in your home. This device is specially designed to clean the air around you by sucking in and trapping particles that trigger your asthma.
An air purifier is excellent at removing dust, pet dander, mold spores and other allergens that create problems for asthmatics.
In addition to trying the natural asthma relief tips above, you may want to try a dedicated asthma air purifier in your home. This device has a great track record for helping many asthma sufferers find relieve. You may find that it’s the single best investment you’ll ever make to improve your health.