More than ever before, people are prioritizing clean, healthy air. The world is hyper-aware of how airborne viruses can spread so easily. This has led to the rise of personal air purifiers. These helpful devices can help cleanse the air in your office and home. They are quite portable and not very expensive – some people even use them as a car air purifier.
It is important to understand the ins and outs of air purifiers to know you have the right one for your lifestyle. We will give you a quick crash course in how they work and the benefits of using them. From there we will give some good air purifier recommendations specifically for your car.
How Does An Air Purifier Operate?
Air Purifiers operate by using a fan to suck in and circulate air through one filter or multiple filters, where pollutants and particles get caught within the filter and clean air is expelled back out. The filters will need to be replaced after a certain amount of usage or cleaned if they are reusable, which is usually found in the higher-priced models.
The Importance Of Keeping Your Air Purified
An air purifier uses advanced HEPA technology filters in order to remove 99.7 percent of harmful airborne particulate matter that regularly circulates throughout your personal space. Here are some of the important benefits that come with using an air purifier:
- Nasty odors neutralized: The odor caused by volatile organic compounds found in paints, aerosol sprays, upholstered furniture, or air fresheners can cause nausea, breathlessness, and even affect your cognitive functions. If you’re cooking at home, smells from smoke, cooking oil, or spices can linger on for a bit too long.
- Relief from asthma: Pollutants like pet dander, pollen, or dust mites can irritate your airways and cause breathing difficulty, especially for those who have asthma. Vacuuming will eliminate some of these toxins, but some will also remain suspended in the air.
- Reduces airborne diseases: The common cold and the flu are spread through tiny pathogens that float in the air. That’s why when someone in your household gets sick, the illness will likely make its way through everyone else in the household soon enough.
- Harmful chemicals eliminated: External pollutants like nitrogen dioxide and carbon monoxide are commonly detected in many homes and cars. Beyond that, the atmosphere around you could also be polluted with toxins from household cleaning agents. Being exposed to these chemicals in small amounts may be harmless, but routine exposure can possibly lead to serious health issues.
What To Look For In A Car Air Purifier
Now that you’re aware of the benefits that are brought to the table, what specific features should you look for in an ideal Air Purifier?
- Size range – For optimized purification, be sure to choose a model that is designed to cover a room or space slightly larger than the one you intend to use it in.
- Clean-air delivery rate (CADR) – This rating measures how fast an air purifier removes smoke, dust, and pollen. Be sure to look for a CADR of at least 300. Any CADR above 350 is highly efficient.
- Multi-stage purification – A multi-stage purification system provides the most protection against airborne pollutants by combining several types of filters to catch particulates of every size.
- True HEPA – Only air purifiers with True HEPA filters are capable of removing at least 99.7 percent of ultra fine particles like dust, dander, pollen, mold, and other common allergens. Make certain the model you choose is labeled True HEPA for top efficiency.
Top Car Air Purifier Picks
A car air purifier is a helpful way to ensure that you’ll be less agitated by the air you’re breathing, so you can concentrate on driving safely, whether you’re on a road trip or heading out to run some errands. Here are some of the best options on the market:
The nicely compact air purifier features four fan speeds, a two-stage filtration process, and one adjustable handle. With a powerful rechargeable battery that lasts up to 12 hours, the Wynd Essential efficiently rids the air of common fumes and odors as well as irritants that may cause cold and virus symptoms.Plus, it fits snugly in your car’s cup holder for your convenience.View on Amazon
This portable air purifier helps clean your car’s air by creating 15 million negative ions that rid the air of allergens such as pollen and mold spores. It also uses powerful UV-C LED technology to kill up to 99.9% of viruses and odor-causing bacteria. It even lets you monitor the air quality in real-time by using four different LED light colorings to alert you when the air is high quality, good quality, moderately hazy, or heavily hazy. It fits in your car’s cup holder and features a four-hour battery life that is easily rechargeable.View on Amazon
This car air purifier is super compact and plugs right into your car’s electric outlet to start clearing your car’s air. The purifier releases 5.6 million negative ions that work to remove pollutants like smoke, pollen, dust, and pet dander. It also has two USB ports that let you charge your phone while you drive.View on Amazon
The PureZone air purifier features four fan speeds, a two-stage filtration process, and one adjustable handle. It works to rid the air of common fumes and odors and also irritants that may cause cold and virus symptoms. It stays charged for up to 12 hours and fits easily in your car’s cup holder.View on Amazon
Air purifiers can provide a great deal of benefits for whatever space you reside in. Car purifiers are compact and inexpensive to make driving a breath of fresh air. Just be sure to choose a model that checks all the feature boxes we listed above.