Have you been looking for a small air purifier with Wi-Fi control?
Are you considering the Molekule Air Mini air purifier but need some trusted advice about it?
If so, you’re in the right place.
In this Molekule Air Mini review, we’ll look at the top features and capabilities of this unit so you can decide if it’s the right air purifier for your needs.
In the end, you should have all of the information you need to make the best choice about this popular smart air purifier.
So let’s get started with the Molekule Mini review to see what it can do for you.
Disclosure: Home Air Guides is reader-supported. As an Amazon associate and affiliate for independent brands, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links on our site. Learn more.
Molekule Air Mini Review
The Molekule Mini air purifier is one of several air cleaners by this brand.
There’s also the bigger Molekule Air and Molekule Air Pro with more advanced air cleaning features.
Something we’d like to mention first before we get into the full review is that Molekule is a science company.
And when you’re considering the purchase of the Molekule Air Mini air purifier, that’s an important aspect to understand.
As a science company, the Molekule team conducts extensive research and rigorous testing on indoor air quality and air cleaning technologies.
These scientists also collaborate with some of the world’s top independent labs and academic institutions.
In 2016, Molekule introduced the world’s first molecular air purifier that worked like no other air purifier on the market.
With patented technology that brings a new approach to air purification, you’re getting a unit that destroys the full spectrum of indoor pollutants, breaking them down on a molecular level. Hence the name “Molekule”.
Therefore, the Molekule Air Mini is one of the most advanced air purifiers ever designed.
Check Direct Price on Molekule.com
Check Price on Amazon.com
Molekule Air Mini Filter Types
The Molekule Air Mini features a sophisticated air filtration system for efficient air cleaning.
It has two filter types combined into one replaceable filter:
- Pre-filter: The Molekule Air Mini has a MERV-12 pre-filter that gets rid of large particle pollutants like pet dander, hairs, and dust. This filter also slows down the passage of the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) to the PECO-filter. The manufacturer recommends that you change the pre-filter after three months of use.
- PECO-filter: Molekule has an innovative PECO-filter that breaks down pathogens and chemical pollutants when exposed to UV-A light. The Photo Electrochemical Oxidation (PECO) features nanotechnology that gives the Molekule Air Mini a nanocatalyst ability. Unlike conventional HEPA filters, the PECO-filter not only captures pollutants but also destroys bacteria, fungi, viruses, and allergens. Based on the HEPA standard test, the Molekule Air Mini destroys pollutants that are 1,000X smaller than a HEPA filter. The manufacturer recommends the replacement of a PECO-filter every six months.
See Filters Up Close on Molekule.com
Molekule Air Mini Room Size Coverage
The Molekule Air Mini air purifier is ideal for small rooms and personal spaces that measure about 250 square feet.
It comes with an efficient path to pure air by using a 360-degree air intake system and 360-degree clean air dispersal. Therefore, this unit can collect air from all angles of the room and disperses clean air throughout the entire space.
Here's how other Molekule air purifiers we've reviewed compare:
Molekule Air Mini ACH Rating
When searching for an efficient air purifier, the Air Changes per Hour (ACH) is an indicator of how reliable the unit is. The ACH of an air purifier determines how many times it can clean the air hourly.
While ACH is really a measure of how fast the unit’s fan is, it’s not a suitable measure for a photocatalytic process that is found in the Molekule Air Mini. You can learn more about what is ACH rating here.
Therefore, it’s better to use the room size coverage (250 sq. ft.) and couple that with destruction metrics such as:
- RNA virus MS2: 99.99% removed in 2 hrs.
- D-limonene: 98% removed in 3 hrs.
Additionally, Molekule’s PECO technology meets rigorous performance criteria in FDA guidance for use in helping reduce the risk of viral exposure to SARS-CoV-2; the COVID-19 virus.
View the White Papers and Technology Reports
Molekule Air Mini CADR Rating
The Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) of an air purifier determines its ability to clean smoke, pollen, and dust in the air. A CADR rating that is closer to the room size will efficiently eliminate these pollutants.
The Association of Home Appliances Manufacturers (AHAM) relies on the CADR test to identify reliable brands. However, not every air purifier manufacturer chooses the AHAM to independently verify their products.
Molekule conducts its own internal quality tests and provides scientifically researched data on its website.
The data available that relates to the CADR rating include:
- Smoke: 84% removed in 22 mins.
- Dust: 82% removed in 20 mins.
- Pollen: 79% removed in 10 mins.
Molekule Air Mini Top Features
The Molekule Air Mini air purifier comes with the following innovative features:
- One-Touch Display: You can readily control the Molekule Air Mini with the one-touch display that comes with a user-friendly interface. Simply tap the screen and swipe left or right to control each setting.
- Smart Wi-Fi Connected: You can connect any iOS or Android device to the unit via Wi-Fi and control every aspect of the air purifier wirelessly.
- Filter Life Monitoring: This unit comes with a filter life indicator so you know how much life is left before a replacement is needed.
- 5 Fan Speeds: This allows you to get the optimal balance between air cleaning protection and noise level.
- Ultra Quiet: The Molekule Air Mini has a low noise level of 30 decibels, so you won’t have to worry about any noisy distractions during the night.
- Wool Felt Handle: The Molekule Air Mini air purifier comes with natural wool felt handle so you can comfortably move it around your property.
- Energy Efficient: This air purifier uses low power consumption with minimal impact on your electricity bill. Lowest speed = 20 W/h | Highest speed = 55 W/h
Note: The Molekule Air Mini+ version comes with a few additional upgrades:
- Particle Sensor: This detects the level of pollutants in the air and sends a signal to the air purifier to adjust the fan speed up or down.
- Particle Level Indicator: This shows you the level of pollutants detected in the air (Very Bad, Bad, Moderate, Good)
- Auto-Protect Mode: This works in conjunction with the Particle Sensor to automatically adjust the fan speed setting to remove pollutants.
- Leather Handle: This is a higher quality material than the wool felt handle.
See More Features on Molekule.com
Molekule Air Mini Design and Size
The Molekule Air Mini has a sleek design with a medical-grade polycarbonate outer casing for durability.
It comes in a white color that adds sophistication to any room.
The compact structure, lightweight design, and handle make it easy to carry and move from room to room if you want a portable air purifier.
The dimensions and weight of this air purifier are as follows:
- Dimensions: 12″ (H) x 8.26″ (W) x 8.26″ (D)
- Weight: 7.3 pounds
Who is the Molekule Air Mini for?
The Molekule Air Mini is good for anyone who has respiratory sensitivities, allergies, or asthma since destroys airborne allergens, bacteria, and pathogens.
The PECO-filter is a highly efficient technology for cleaning the air and is renowned for its advanced air purification.
Considering the 250 square feet or air cleaning room coverage, the Molekule Air Mini is suitable for:
- Home offices
- Studio apartments
- Travel purposes
- Other small spaces
Molekule Mini Warranty Information
The Molekule Air Mini comes with a two-year warranty. You also get a 60-day return policy. If you find this air purifier unsatisfactory, you can return it for a 100% refund (less shipping).
If you want a filter replacement, you can request it from Molekule, and they will cover the shipping fee.
More Molekule Mini Reviews
Still trying to decide if this is the right air purifier for you?
Hopefully from this Molekule Air Mini review, you can see that this unit offers a lot of powerful features.
But if you’re still not sure about the quality of this unit, then check out more reviews of the Molekule Air Mini air purifier on their actual site and Amazon to see what other people have to say about it.
See Amazon.com Reviews
We hope those comments and this Molekule Mini review are beneficial in helping you make a final decision.