Are you looking for one of the most advanced air purifiers available today?
One that not just removes indoor pollutants, but destroys harmful particles at their core?
If so, then the Molekule Air Pro air purifier may be right for you.
But how does it work?
And what features do you get with it?
Our in-depth Molekule Air Pro review below covers everything you need to know about this air cleaner.
By the end, you’ll know once and for all if it’s the right unit for your needs.
So let’s get started with the Molekule Air Pro air purifier review to see what it can do for you.
Disclosure: Home Air Guides is reader-supported. As an Amazon associate and affiliate for independent brands, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links on our site. Learn more.
Molekule Air Pro Review
The Molekule Air Pro reviewed here is the most advanced air purifier by this brand.
But no matter which air purifier you choose, you’re getting a unit that’s been created by a science company.
As a science company, the Molekule team conducts extensive research and rigorous testing on indoor air quality and air cleaning technologies. Its team of scientists also works with some of the world’s top independent labs and academic institutions.
Therefore, when you buy the Molekule Air Pro air purifier, you’re getting one of the most technologically advanced air purifiers ever made.
In fact, Molekule introduced the world’s first molecular air purifier in 2016 with patented technology that brings a new approach to air purification.
Molekule’s breakthrough technology destroys the full spectrum of indoor pollutants that can harm your health by breaking them down on a molecular level. Hence the name “Molekule”.
So with the Molekule Air Pro, you’re getting a unit that successfully destroys the widest range of contaminants as compared to traditional/conventional air purifiers.
Molekule Air Pro Filter Types
Unlike the original Molekule Air and Molekule Air Mini purifier units that come with a separate pre-filter and PECO-filter, the Molekule Air Pro features a hybrid filter.
The hybrid filter has an innovative technology that allows for the efficient removal of both large particles and microscopic particulates.
This hybrid filter comprises of:
- Pre-filter: This filter cleans the air off large particle pollutants like hairs, debris, dust, pollen, etc. It also slows down the passage of the Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) before reaching the PECO-filter.
- PECO-filter: Molekule’s patented PECO technology removes microscopic particulates like viruses, bacteria, fungi, allergens, and chemicals. The PECO-filter, known as the Photo Electrochemical Oxidation, has a nanoparticle coating. The nanocatalyst reacts with the above pollutants when exposed to an internal UV-A light. This activity leads to the destruction of the pathogens and chemicals for clean air. So, besides collecting the airborne pollutants, the PECO-filter also breaks them down to destroy them; making pollutants inactive.
Additionally, is good for you to know that PECO technology meets rigorous performance criteria in FDA guidance for use in helping reduce the risk of viral exposure to SARS-CoV-2; the COVID-19 virus.
Molekule Air Pro Room Size Coverage
The Molekule Air Pro can cover up to 1,000 square feet.
Therefore, this air purifier is good for open floor spaces and other large rooms in the home.
With a 360-degree air intake and a top air outlet, you’re sure the Molekule Air Pro can handle high traffic spaces and extra large rooms.
Here's how other Molekule air purifiers we've reviewed compare:
Molekule Air Pro ACH Rating
When searching for an efficient air purifier, the Air Changes per Hour (ACH) is an indicator of how reliable the unit is. The ACH of an air purifier determines how many times it can clean the air hourly.
While ACH is really a measure of how fast the unit’s fan is, it’s not a suitable measure for a photocatalytic process that is found in the Molekule Air Pro. (You can learn more about what is ACH rating here.)
Therefore, it’s better to use the room size coverage (1,000 sq. ft.) and couple that with destruction metrics such as:
- RNA virus MS2: 99.99% removed in 30 min.
- Formaldehyde: 80% removed in 8 hrs.
- D-limonene: 98% removed in 2 hrs.
Molekule Air Pro CADR Rating
The Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) shows how well an air purifier can clean pollutants like pollen, dust, and smoke. The Association of Home Appliances Manufacturers (AHAM) is the originator of this test and uses it to verify the effectiveness of different air purifiers in the market.
The AHAM has not tested the Molekule Air Pro, so there’s no available CADR rating for the Molekule Air Pro purifier.
However, Molekule does its own internal testing and maintains transparency on the obtained scientific data as mentioned in the previous section.
Molekule Air Pro Top Features
Some of the unique features to look out for in the Molekule Air Pro air purifier are:
- Automatic Modes: The Air Pro features two Auto-Protect modes that allow for automatic adjustment of the airflow as per your needs.
- Standard Auto-Protect Mode uses the Particulate Matter (PM) sensor to measure airborne particulate matter levels and regulate fan speed for optimal air purification.
- Quiet Auto-Protect Mode also uses the PM sensor and regulates the fan, but will not run at high fan speeds, staying quiet while still maintaining effectiveness.
- App-Enabled: The Molekule Air Pro air purifier supports iOS and Android for Wi-Fi control and monitoring the filter status. You can operate your unit from anywhere as long as you have an active Internet connection.
- Intuitive Control: The Molekule Air Pro has a touchscreen feature on the unit in addition to App integration. A simple swipe of the touchscreen will give you the fan speed settings, filter status, air quality level, and other device information.
- 6 Fan Speeds: This allows you to get the optimal balance between air cleaning protection and noise level.
- 3X the Airflow: This unit has triple the airflow of Molekule’s award-winning consumer devices. The Molekule Air Pro is built to take on large rooms and open floor plans with ease.
- Filter Status: The Molekule Air Pro comes with a PECO-filter status indicator that tracks the use-life of the hybrid filter. The status indicator will notify you when a filter replacement is necessary.
- Power Efficiency: Unlike the conventional air purifiers, the Molekule Air Pro utilizes minimal energy for fresher air and lower utility bills. Lowest speed = 61 W/h | Highest speed = 153 W/h
Molekule Air Po App
The Molekule Air Pro app works on any iOS or Android device and indicates real-time air quality based on current particulate levels.
You can also adjust the fan speed manually or put the device into one of the two automatic modes (Standard or Quiet).
The breakdown of particulate levels includes:
- PM10: coarse particles
- PM2.5: fine particles
- PM1.0: microfine particles
Molekule Air Pro Design and Size
The Molekule Air Pro features an elevated design that meets stylish aesthetic needs.
It’s also a relatively smaller unit that takes up little space inside a room.
It further has a vegan-leather handle that enhances portability and offers flexible comfort.
There is also a hidden cable management system around the base to conceal the extra cord length.
Molekule features an anodized aluminum body with silver polish for an elegant appearance in a refined space.
The dimensions and weight of this air purifier are as follows:
- Dimensions: 23.9″ (H) x 10.9″ (W) x 10.9″ (D)
- Weight: 22.9 pounds
Who is the Molekule Air Pro for?
The Molekule Air Pro is a good VOC air purifier because it removes volatile organic compounds. It also gets rid of bacteria, viruses, dust, allergens, mold spores, odors, and more from the surrounding air.
So it’s the ideal air purifier for anyone who is looking to get rid of such pollutants.
It’s also a perfect unit for people with allergies and respiratory sensitivity as it removes allergens and pathogens.
The Molekule Air Pro is also suitable for high-traffic spaces like:
- Large offices
- Business areas
- Living rooms measuring up to 1,000 square feet
- Children’s rooms
Molekule Air Pro Warranty Information
The Molekule Air Pro air purifier comes with a two-year limited warranty. And, if for some reason the unit fails to impress you within 30 days, you can return for a 100% refund. However, the free 30-day return policy exempts the shipping fee.
You can also set up automatic filter refills through the mobile app, and the manufacturer will cover the shipping fee for those items.
More Molekule Air Pro Reviews
Still trying to decide if this is the right air purifier for you?
Hopefully from this Molekule Air Pro review, you can see that this unit offers a lot of powerful features.
But if you’re still not sure about the quality of this unit, then check out more reviews of the Molekule Air Pro air purifier on their actual site and Amazon to see what other people have to say about it.
We hope those comments and this Molekule Air Pro air purifier review are beneficial in helping you make a final decision.