In this article, we’ll be sharing our review on the Best Choice Products Living Fresh SKY1057 Ionic Ozone Air Purifier.
This product has gained a lot of attention lately, because it has received a large number of positive reviews from consumers and is featured on our list of the best ionic air purifier reviews.
It also made it onto our list of the 10 top air purifiers you can buy today.
Our goal here is to help you understand exactly how it works and if this air ionizer would be a good choice for you to use inside your home.
How it Works
Unlike many air purifiers that use a paper filter to capture harmful airborne particles, the Living Fresh SKY1057 ionizer emits negative ions and ozone into the air in order to purify it.
While operating, this product works on a continuous basis to restore the natural balance of +/- charged ions in order to eliminate dust and allergens that cause breathing and health related problems. This unit is highly effective at removing pollen, smoke, paint fumes, mold spores, odors and other irritating particulates.
This ionizer allows you to fully control the output of both ozone generation and ionization speed using two rotary dial controls. This enables you to speed up the air purification process and fine tune it to match your specific home needs.
What Makes it Stand Out?
A few features that make this the best ionic air purifier and stand out from other products include:
- Stainless steel and solid cherry wood construction. Most other ionic air purifiers are mad of plastic.
- Uses two ceramic plates to collect particle pollutants. These plates are washable and reusable.
- Adjustable up to 3,500 square feet. This makes it ideal for most any application, including a small apartment up to a large single family home.
- Fine-tune adjustment for both ionizing fan speed and ozone generation.
Note: The manufacturer points out that you should not be inside the room, or home, while the ozone generation control is turned up to the high setting. Being present can cause breathing or other health related problems. However, many consumers report that running the ozone feature on a low setting has not caused any health problems.
Living Fresh Customer Reviews
- No noticeable increase in energy bill
- Settings can be adjusted for a wide variety of spaces
- Reusable ceramic filters make it a great investment and cost-free to maintain
- Consumers with asthma and COPD report no harmful effects from ozone when product is set to the low setting
- Great at removing odors, including smoke
- Small size (6 x 6 x 10 inches) makes it easy to transport and can be placed anywhere in a room
- Not all dust and particles are attracted to the collection plates. Some fall onto the floor and need to be vacuumed up for permanent removal.
- Some consumers reported that the ozone setting can make a buzzing sound