In this post, we’ll share with you our review of the four Fellowes AeraMax air purifiers.
The AeraMax line of air purifying products offers several perks that set it apart from many other manufacturer’s devices (see more air purifier reviews).
What you’ll find is that Fellowes goes above and beyond with the design of these machines in order to maximize their effectiveness at purifying the air.
One of the biggest highlights of this review is that each AeraMax air purifier holds a variety of certifications that prove their quality and safety:
- Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America Certification to ensure that it meets a strict set of standards which are focused on helping asthma and allergy sufferers
- Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers Certification to deliver the highest quality of filtered air in regards to smoke, pollen and dust
- California Air Resource Board Certification to assure electrical safety and low concentration of ozone emissions
- UL ListedCertification to certify physical and environmental safety
- Energy Star Qualified to guarantee low operating costs (40% better than non-qualifying products)
The Fellowes AeraMax air purifiers product line also consists of four models with the major difference between each being the amount of space it can purify. Depending on the size of the room you want to clean the air in will determine which air purifier is the best option for you.
- AeraMax 100/DX5 is good for small sized rooms (100-200 sq. ft.)
- AeraMax 200/DX55 is good for medium sized rooms (200-400 sq. ft.)
- AeraMax 300/DX95 is good for large sized rooms (300-600 sq. ft.)
- AeraMax DB5 was made specifically for small baby rooms (100-200 sq. ft.)
AeraMax Overview Video
The true power of these AeraMax air purifying machines comes from the following features:
- 4-Stage air purification process that deliver amazing results
- True HEPA filter captures 99.97% of particles down to .3 microns in size (pollen, pet dander, mold spores, dust and other allergens)
- Carbon filter reduces household odors
- AeraSafe Antimicrobial Treatment prevents the growth of bacteria and fungi on the True HEPA filter and prolongs its life
- PlasmaTRUE technology safely emits ions into the air to reduce contaminants while not producing harmful ozone (can be turned on or off)
- AeraSmart Sensor technology that monitors the quality of the air and adjusts the device automatically to remove airborne contaminants at the fastest rate
- Aera+ Mode which increases the air turnover rate by 35-50% in order to capture more allergy inducing particles from the air
Each AeraMax air purifier (100, 200, 300 and DB5) also includes a touch screen display panel. This panel allows you to easily change the settings for the device and includes visual indicators to alert for when the filters need replacement.
The AeraMax Baby DB5 air purifier features a child lock option on the display panel to prevent accidental changes. It also includes a quiet mode setting and night mode to dim the lights for a peaceful sleep.
- Check Current Price for AeraMax 100/DX5
- Check Current Price for AeraMax 200/DX55
- Check Current Price for AeraMax 300/DX95
- Check Current Price for AeraMax DB5
AeraMax Customer Reviews
Regardless of the AeraMax model that you’re considering, these are the common themes you’ll find among customer reviews for each product.
- Extremely quiet operation
- Very efficient for pollen and pet allergies
- Sleek design
- Compact size
- Filter change is a snap
- Allows manual fan speed control in addition to automatic mode
- Safe for the environment. Doesn’t emit harmful ozone.
- Easy to match the right product to intended room size. Don’t have to pay extra for to powerful of a device.
- Includes a three year limited warranty
- Display panel color (blue) is not changeable and some think it’s too bright
- The light weight can make it easy to tip over if you have pets
- Gives off a slight odor when first operating, but eventually goes away
- PlasmaTRUE technology may affect people with multiple chemical sensitivities