If you’re looking at air purifiers, you may be considering the Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Allergen Remover.
It’s a highly recommended and reviewed product, but how do you know it’s right for you?
Will it really work to remove harmful elements from your home and make your air fresh and clean?
When it comes to looking for answers about air purifiers, you’ll find what you need here.
In this Honeywell HPA300 review, we’ll look at the features and capabilities of this air purifier so that you can make an informed decision on whether it’s a good buy or not.
Overall, the Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Allergen Remover is a fantastic air purifier for anyone with allergies, asthma, or wants better air quality in their home.
In fact, Honeywell is the #1 brand recommended by allergists.
So, let’s take a look at the Honeywell HPA300 air purifier and see what it has to offer.
Disclosure: At Home Air Quality Guides, we want you to find the best air purifier for your needs. All comments and opinions expressed herein are our own and not influenced by the manufacturer. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links below. If you buy a qualifying product, you’re not charged a penny more, but we’ll get a small commission that supports our work. We hope you enjoy this free guide and find the perfect air purifier through our recommendations.
Honeywell HPA300 Review
The first thing we wanted to point out in this Honeywell HPA300 review is that the brand that makes this machine is a Fortune 100 Company. Honeywell is incredibly well known for its reliability in the manufacturing of appliances.
If you buy a Honeywell air purifier, you can expect to get a well-crafted and top-rated machine.
As we mentioned previously, Honeywell is the #1 brand recommended by allergists for allergy control.
The company makes a variety of air purifiers for your home, but the Honeywell HPA300 is one of their top models.
As you’ll see below, if you decide to add this air purifier to your home or office, you’ll be getting a reliable, hard-working device that excels at removing impurities, odors, and harmful elements from your indoor air.
Now, let’s look at the air filter types to see exactly how the Honeywell HPA300 purifies the air.
The Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Allergen Remover is equipped with two incredibly powerful filters that do a great job of cleaning your indoor air.
Those filters include:
- Activated Carbon Pre-Filter – This filter has two roles:
- To trap larger particles, such as dust, hair, and dirt, so they don’t end up inside the True HEPA filter, which helps to extend its life.
- To reduce a variety of odors and chemicals in the air, including volatile organic compounds, gases, and vapors. This keeps your home or office smelling fresh and reduces your exposure to toxic fumes.
- True HEPA Filters – This set of three filters captures 99.97% of particles that trigger allergies and asthma and cause other health-related issues. It’s the best of the best air filters to trapping microscopic pollutants down to 0.3 microns in size (i.e. dust, allergens, smoke, particulate matter, mold spores, bacteria, and viruses).
The Activated Carbon Pre-Filter lasts about three months before a replacement is needed. The True HEPA Filter set is good for around 12 months.
Room Size Coverage
The Honeywell HPA300 air purifier is incredibly popular because it covers a large room size–up to 465 square feet (sq. ft.).
While it’s still efficient to have in smaller spaces, such as a child’s bedroom or guest room, this machine is built for the following areas:
- Large living rooms or family rooms
- Basements (either finished or unfinished)
- Dining Rooms
- Open layout homes, such as a combination kitchen/dining/living room
- Large Bedrooms
- Offices (either at home or in a workplace)
Honeywell HPA300 CADR Rating
Honeywell had this machine independently tested by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) to get a Clean Air Delivery Rate Rating (CADR).
What this test looks for is how well the air purifier can filter out common impurities such as dust, smoke, and pollen.
The higher the numbers are for this rating, and the closer they are to the room size coverage (465 sq. ft.), the more effective the air purifier is at removing a particular substance.
The Honeywell HPA300 scored the following CADR numbers:
- Dust: 320
- Smoke: 300
- Pollen: 300
These numbers indicate that this air purifier is incredibly powerful at removing indoor pollutants from the air. By using it, you’ll enjoy some of the freshest and cleanest air possible.
Honeywell HPA300 ACH Rating
In addition the CADR rating, the ACH rating is another important factor for you to consider in this Honeywell HPA300 review.
The ACH Rating (or Air Changes per Hour) tells you how long it takes the air purifier to completely filter the air inside a room.
The Honeywell HPA300 has a 5X ACH Rating, which is phenomenal. Many other air purifiers have a 4X ACH Rating.
What this number means is that the Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Allergen Remover can exchange the entire volume of air five times each hour.
In other words, every 12 minutes, the air inside a room up to 465 sq. ft. is completely cycled through this air purifier.
That’s what makes this air cleaner so good for people that suffer from allergies or have asthma.
The impurities are extracted from the air at a highly efficient rate.
Top Features of the Honeywell HPA300
As a top-of-the-line air purifier, you would expect the Honeywell HPA300 to come with useful features, and it does.
Those benefits include:
- Filter Replacement Indicator – This indicator light alerts you when it’s time to change out the filters so that your air purifier operates at maximum performance.
- Variable Air Cleaning Levels – You can change the speed of the machine between low, medium, and high. Honeywell labels these three air cleaning levels as “General Clean”, “Allergen”, and “Germ”.
- Turbo Clean Setting – This setting boosts the air cleaning power and is best used for extreme air pollution conditions (e.g. an influx of allergens like pollen, cooking smoke, or chemical gases) or for rapid cleaning of your home.
- Timer – You can set this air purifier to automatically turn off after 2, 4 or 8 hours.
- Light Control – This feature lets you dim the lights on the control panel.
Design and Size
This part of our review is for anyone who needs to know the exact weight or dimensions of this air purifier.
Perhaps you’re trying to fit this machine in a particular space inside a room or need to know if you can carry it around easily.
The dimensions and weight of this air purifier are as follows:
- Dimensions: 22.2″ (H) x 9.2″ (W) x 20″ (D)
- Weight: 21 pounds
As for the physical construction of this air cleaner, the body is made of plastic and it has smooth rounded edges. Room air is drawn in through an air intake on the front of the machine and purified air is pushed out the top.
The top of the machine also includes the control panel.
The Honeywell HPA300 comes in two colors: black and white.
The size and durability of this air purifier contribute to its effectiveness in improving the air quality in your home.
Honeywell has become well-known for the high-quality products they produce, and the Honeywell HPA300 is no exception.
This machine was built to last and to be super-efficient at cleaning the air inside your home or office.
Initially, the Honeywell HPA300 air purifier was designed with just an onboard control panel.
But now, it comes in a Bluetooth enabled version.
With the Honeywell HPA300 Bluetooth model, you can control this air purifier from any iOS or Android device. All you need to do is download the free app from Honeywell to use this feature.
The Bluetooth upgrade does cost extra and will increase the purchase price of around $100.
Who is the Honeywell HPA300 for?
Hopefully, you’ve found our in-depth Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Allergen Remover reviews to be helpful, but you still may be wondering who is this air purifier for?
As we mentioned previously, this air purifier is excellent at removing mold spores, allergens, dust, volatile organic compounds, odors, bacteria, and other germs from your indoor air. But who would benefit the most from this machine?
The Honeywell HPA300 is ideal for the following types of people:
- Individuals with allergies.
- Individuals with asthma.
- People who smoke moderately or living with a smoker.
- Anyone who has pets that shed dander.
- Individuals with compromised immune systems and need protection against bacteria and viruses.
- People who want less dust accumulation.
- People who live in areas with a lot of outdoor air pollution and want to keep the air in their home, office, or apartment free of particulate matter.
Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier Warranty Information
Honeywell offers a 5-year warranty on this air purifier and guarantees that the machine will be free from defects in workmanship and materials. The company will repair or replace any issues that might arise.
What Others Have to Say About the Honeywell HPA300 Air Purifier
Are you still wondering if the Honeywell HPA300 is the right air purifier for you?
Then we encourage you to read the Honeywell HPA300 reviews on Amazon to see what others have to say about this machine.
We hope those Honeywell HPA300 True HEPA Allergen Remover reviews and this guide are beneficial in helping you make a final decision.