In this post, we’re going to review one of Levoit’s newest air purifiers:
If you’re looking for an air purifier for a smaller space, this device can deliver the clean, crisp air you need for a healthier life.
For less than $100, you can get a high-powered air purifier that lets you customize the internal filter to meet your specific air quality needs.
As you’ll discover in our Levoit Core 300 review below, this machine has an advanced 360-degree Vortexair technology that removes harmful pollutants and allergens from all around you.
But, is this the right air purifier for you?
Let’s find out.
Disclosure: We were given a free sample of this product by the manufacturer in return for our honest review. All comments and opinions expressed herein are our own and not influenced by that company. Also, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases made through links on this page which helps support our work. We hope you enjoy this review and find our opinion valuable.
How the Levoit Core 300 Cleans the Air
The first thing you should know about the Levoit Core 300 air purifier is that it has an advanced air filtration design.
And not many other competing air purifiers in the $100 range are built like this.
The Levoit Core 300 has a cylindrical shape that draws air in from a full 360-degrees. Most other air purifiers have a single air vent on the front or two side vents (one on each side).
With a 360-degree filter, the Levoit Core 300 has 40% more efficiency than air purifiers using a standard flat filter.
Levoit has a larger air purifier that uses this same advanced 360-degree filter design, called the Levoit LV-H133. The Levoit LV-PUR131 is another one of their products that uses the standard flat filter design.
As for the actual air filtration system that the Levoit Core 300 uses, it includes:
- Pre-filter – For trapping large particles, like dust, dirt, and hair. It also helps to extend the life of the other internal two filters.
- True HEPA Filter – This captures 99.97% of contaminants down to 0.3 microns in size and fine particulate matter (PM) air pollution down to 2.5 micrometers. This filter is the most powerful type for eliminating the widest range of indoor pollutants.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This strips the air of volatile organic compounds (chemical gases) and reduces odors caused by cooking, smoke, pets, cleaning agents, paints, etc. If you want a fresh-smelling home with less toxic gases in the air, this filter is an essential element.
All three of these filters are combined into the 360-degree filter design which makes replacement easy. Instead of having to maintain each one separately, all you have to do is switch out the dirty cartridge for a clean one.
Note: The pre-filter can be vacuumed cleaned so you can get more life out of it. The True HEPA and Activated Carbon filters are recommended to be replaced every 6-8 months depending on the amount of use.
With the Levoit Core 300, you can reduce the following contaminants found indoors:
- Drops of liquid
- Pet dander
- Mold spores
- Some forms of bacteria and germs
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
- Odors caused by cooking, pets, cleaning agents, and paints
Now, it’s also important to point out that the internal filter set can be further customized to meet your specific needs.
If you want your Levoit Core 300 air purifier to combat certain particles in the air more than others, you can upgrade the filter to do so.
Those options include:
- Original – Captures the most common indoor allergens and pollutants.
- Pet Allergy – Has an additional layer of protection for reducing pet odors.
- Toxin Absorber – Has an additional layer of protection to reduce volatile organic compounds, smoke, and automobile exhaust.
- Mold and Bacteria – Has an additional layer of protection to prevent mold and bacteria growth.
Not many other air purifiers in this price range allow you to customize the internal filter set like this.
This added feature makes the Levoit Core 300 very popular among consumers.
The Levoit Core 300 is certified to clean the air in a room up to 215 square feet (sq. ft.) and exchanges the full volume of air 5X every hour.
That size makes this air purifier the perfect choice for smaller rooms of the home, including bedrooms, a kitchen, an office, smaller den or living area, etc.
If you live in a small apartment, you’ll find this air purifier to be a good choice as well.
If you’re looking for something a bit larger, you could try the LV-PUR131 or LV-PUR131S Wi-Fi version that handles up to 322 sq. ft. Or go with the Levoit LV-H133 that covers very large spaces up to 538 sq. ft.
Those models are better suited for medium to large size areas of the home, such as big living rooms, open floor plans, and basements.
The Levoit Core 300 has a modern design that helps it blend in well with practically any existing room decor.
Its white, cylinder-shaped body and small footprint allow you to place it anywhere inside a room or even on top of a table. Just keep in mind that it must have at least 15 inches (38 centimeters) of clearance all around it to operate most effectively.
The Vortexair technology draws contaminated air from 360-degrees around the unit, passing it through the filter set, and then spiraling it up and out the top of the unit.
This special air intake design makes the Levoit Core 300 air purifier operate very quietly. The decibel range is 24-50db, which is nearly silent to about as loud as a library environment.
If you turn the unit upside down, you’ll find the filter cover. Turning it counterclockwise will open the panel and allow you to pull out the filter for replacement.
Size and Dimensions
The Levoit Core 300 is not a tall or heavy machine, so you can easily move it from room to room if you’d like.
As for the exact dimensions and weight, these include:
- Width: 8.7”
- Height: 14.2”
- Weight: 8.75 lbs.
If you’re looking for simplicity, the Levoit Core 300 air purifier is going to fit nicely into your lifestyle.
There’s a single display panel on the top of the device to control every aspect of it. There is no remote control or smartphone app to add confusion to the mix.
The touch panel is very sensitive and only takes the lightest touch to make any adjustments.
The buttons and functions you’ll find on the top control panel include:
The Levoit Core 300 has three individual fan speeds. By touching this button, you can switch between low, medium, and high.
(Our only complaint here is that there’s no automatic fan speed mode. If that feature was included, then the air purifier would monitor the air quality and adjust the fan speed automatically to filter out pollutants. Most every other Levoit air purifier model includes this automatic feature.)
Sleep mode puts the fan speed in an ultra-low setting so it’s even quieter while you sleep. Pushing this button also puts the display panel lights at half brightness.
Pressing this button turns the control panel lights on and off. If you turn off the display lights and then touch another button, like the fan speed, it will turn the lights back on.
Check Filter Indicator
This is not a button but an alert. It lights up every six months to remind you to check your air filter. If it looks dirty, then it’s time to change it. If it’s still relatively clean, then you can keep running the air purifier without replacing it.
The timer function gives you the ability to automatically turn the air purifier off after a set number of hours.
The Levoit Core 300 offers 2, 4, 6, and 8-hour options.
While some people do like this feature, it’s best to run your air purifier 24 hours per day to get the cleanest air possible.
The only time we would suggest using the timer function is if you’re going to be leaving your house for an extended period of time and don’t want to forget to turn the air purifier off. Setting the timer function will power down the air purifier after a set number of hours and won’t turn back on again until you press the power button.
The Levoit Core 300 will remember the fan speed setting when the unit is turned off. So, when it’s powered back on, the air purifier will return to the previous fan speed. Unfortunately, the timer setting and sleep mode are not stored in memory and will need to be reset if the unit is turned off.
Free Extended 1 Year Warranty
Inside the box, you’ll find a card that gives you the opportunity to extend your product warranty for one extra year. Just register the air purifier online within 14 days after purchase to take advantage of this offer.
Who Should Buy the Levoit Core 300?
The Levoit Core 300 air purifier is a powerful machine at an affordable price; however, certain people will benefit from it more than others.
If you fall into any of these categories, the Levoit Core 300 is definitely for you:
- You want simplicity – There’s no complicated setup or controls to figure out. This air purifier works right out of the box.
- You want multi-level air filtration – It includes the three must-have air filters for any high-quality device: Pre-filter, True HEPA filter, and Activated Carbon filter. With this air purifier, you can remove the widest range of contaminants.
- You want the purest air – It removes 99.97% of contaminants down to 0.3 microns, PM 2.5 air pollution, and volatile organic compounds.
- You want a customizable filter – It gives you the added benefit of customizing the internal filter set to meet your specific needs. Choose from Original, Pet Allergy, Toxin Absorber, and Mold Bacteria.
- You want an affordable option – It’s very cheap, less than $100.
- You need an air purifier for a smaller room – It meets the needs of most small rooms in the home, including bedrooms, kitchens, personal offices, smaller dens or living areas, etc. You don’t need to pay for a larger air purifier than you need.
More Pictures of the Levoit Core 300
We hope you enjoyed this Levoit Core 300 review. If this seems like the right air purifier for you, we suggest that you give it a try.
It’s an overall great machine that packs a lot of power and doesn’t take up much space.