Are you thinking about purchasing an O-ION air purifier?
If so, then this post will be a tremendous help.
We review and compare two of the most popular O-ION air cleaner models:
If you’re looking to find an air purifier that contains a lot of powerful features, but doesn’t cost much to maintain, these products are a good choice.
In this post, our goal is to highlight what these two O-ION air purifiers have in common and how they’re different.
Unfortunately, it can be hard to uncover what the key differences are between two devices, especially when looking at a manufacturers website. As of this writing, O-ION doesn’t provide a very good comparison tool for it’s customers.
We’ll first review the O-ION B-1000 and then talk about the O-ION LB-8001. Throughout each section we’ll clue you in to which features you should pay attention to. These recommendations should give you a clear idea of which air purifying machine is best for your home or office.
This compact air purifier is outfitted with several technologies that tackle a variety of airborne pollutants. It’s excellent at removing dust and allergens, sanitizing the air, reducing household odors and killing germs.
What makes the B-1000 even more attractive is that it can be purchased for under $70.
That’s a real bargain in the world of air purifiers, which normally range between $100-500 each, however just because it’s inexpensive doesn’t mean that it’s not a high quality device.
This air purifier packs a lot of punch and is made especially for small to medium sized rooms. It’s rated to purify a space up to 400 square feet, which is roughly a 20′ x 20′ size area. If you’re looking for an air purification machine that meets this size requirement, this is a great choice.
It will save you about $60 compared to the LB-8001, which we’ll review next.
Here are some other key reasons why you may want to get it:
- Ionic Technology generates a cloud of negative ions to remove airborne pollutants and particles as small as 0.01 microns. It includes an permanent electrostatic collection rod that captures fallen particulates and it never has to be replaced
- Carbon Filter traps and reduces odors caused by cooking, pets and smoke. It is washable and reusable.
- Ultraviolet Light kills bacteria and germs in order to sanitize the air around you
- 2 fan speeds
- Two color options: black or silver
- Night light function makes it a good match for a bedroom and includes an on/off switch
With all of the benefits listed above, you can see why this ionizer has made a great impression among consumers. For the price, you can’t really beat it’s overall value. In fact, it tops our list of ionic air purifier recommendations as the #2 best ionic air cleaner for home or office use and is a high performer on our best value air purifiers guide.
Before we end this review, it’s important to note that this O-ION air purifier does emit O3 (ozone) <0.05 ppm to help kill germs, deodorize and freshen the air. The manual includes this disclaimer: People with respiratory problems or lung disease should consult a physician before using this product.
If you have lung or respiratory problems keep the previous warning in mind. Granted, not everyone experiences an issue from using this ionic device, but it’s good to be aware of this potential risk. For more information on this topic take a look at this EPA article.
This O-ION air purifier is also small and compact, and delivers excellent results.
The most notable ways in which it differs from the O-ION B-1000 air cleaner include these two factors:
- 5 stage air purification process offers an an additional two steps beyond the B-1000.
- Adjustable to cover between 250-3,500 sq. ft. This makes it compatible with rooms of all sizes, from very small up to extremely large (i.e. the top level of a home, a large office space or warehouse.)
However, these two features do come at a higher price. The average cost for this machine is $130, about $60 more than the B-1000.
If you have a large area that you want to purify, then this is clearly the better investment.
Other powerful features for this product include:
- Needlepoint and RF Ionic Purification affects the ionic charge of airborne pollutants and causes them to drop from the air
- O3 (ozone) <0.05 ppm oxidizes airborne germs and deodorizes and freshens the air. This feature can be turned off so that it doesn’t irritate those of you who have lung or respiratory issues.
- Ultra Violet Light sterilizes the air by killing bacteria and viruses
- Photocatalytic Filtration utilizes titanium oxide in conjunction with UV light to react with and break down airborne contaminants.
- Carbon Filter to reduce common odors and smells
- 5 fan speeds
- Away Mode Feature
- Timer Function
- Includes a remote control
As you can see, this air cleaning machine offers a lot of bells and whistles to help you create a purified and sterilized air environment.
If you’re looking for an O-ION ionizer that can handle large spaces, this is the better choice to get.
Also, for those of you who are looking for an air purifier to get rid of mold, this is an excellent choice. Take a look at our guide on the best air purifiers for mold removal.