Have you been thinking about getting a Winix C535 air purifier for your home, but can’t determine if it’s the right air purifier for you?
Are you curious if the Winix C535 is really as good as it claims to be?
If that’s the case, then you’ve come to the right place.
On this page, we will do a Winix air purifier C535 review and let you know how well this machine performs and if it can clean and purify your air.
Being healthy and happy in your home is a high priority, and having the right air purifier can help with that endeavor. With a lot of top-notch filters and features, the Winix C535 may be just what you’re looking for.
Let’s check out the specifics of this machine to see if it lives up to the hype.
Winix C535 Review
The Winix C535 air purifier is an affordable machine with a lot of air cleaning power. The maintenance costs and energy use are low. As you’ll discover in this Winix C535 review, this device is great for most rooms in the home because it covers up to 360 square feet.
In regards to the looks and size, many people find the white color and black control panel aesthetically pleasing. The colors make it possible to mix with any color scheme or décor you might have in your house, as well as gives it a little bit of sophistication.
Of course, looks aren’t everything.
Knowing how well this air purifier performs is essential and is the main reason why this Winix air purifier C535 review exists. We’ll get into the exact air cleaning capabilities in the next few sections.
However, first impressions do matter, and when you first look at this machine, you might notice that it has a classic feel to it. And that’s another reason why this Winix C535 True HEPA air cleaner with PlasmaWave technology is so popular among consumers.
Now, let’s get into the heart of this Winix C535 review.
When it comes to the air cleaning process in the Winix C535 you’ll find that it has multiple stages of air filtration.
Those stages include:
- Pre-filter — This traps larger particles, including dust, pollen, and other debris.
- True HEPA Filter — This removes 99.97% of pollutants that can be as small as 0.3 microns in size. It captures the ultrafine contaminants that cause health issues, such as mold, bacteria, allergens, pet dander, dust, and particulate matter from outdoor air pollution.
- PlasmaWave — This is a patented technology by Winix that further reduces the number of pollutants in the air. PlasmaWave accomplishes this by creating charged ions that put the air that passes through the machine in a plasma state. The plasma combines with water vapor in the air to form Hydroxyl Radicals that attack pollutants such as viruses, bacteria, germs, odors, and chemical gases (VOCs). PlasmaWave makes the air extremely safe and clean to breathe. The feature can be switched on and off.
- Activated Carbon Filter — This has a special ability to get rid of unpleasant odors that might exist within your home, including smoke, pet smells, cooking, or any other odor that might exist. When odor particles pass through this filter, they get trapped and this leaves the room smelling clean and fresh.
Room Size Coverage
The Winix C535 air purifier is a versatile machine.
And in many ways, it’s perfectly designed for most rooms in the home.
With the Winix C535, you get up to 360 square feet (sq. ft.) of coverage. This means it can be clean the air in almost any place you put it, including:
- Living room
- Home office
- Finished basement areas
Essentially, the Winix C535 True HEPA air cleaner with PlasmaWave technology can cover areas that are 36′ x 10′, 24′ x 15′ or 20′ x 18′.
All of those room sizes are equal to 360 sq. ft.
But, if you want to use it in a smaller room, go right ahead. Doing so just means it will purify the air at a better rate.
Winix C535 CADR Rating
Many air purifier manufacturers want to offer customers the highest quality products they can provide.
And to prove how hard their machines work hard to purify the air, companies will have these air purifiers independently tested by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) to get a Clean Air Delivery Rate Rating (CADR).
These tests determine how well the appliance can filter out three things: tobacco smoke, dust, and pollen.
If an air purifier is “efficient,” it will have at least a 2/3 rating for each number when compared to how many square feet it covers.
When it comes to the Winix C535 CADR rating, this device meets or exceeds the standards set by the AHAM.
Winix C535 CADR Rating:
- Dust: 243
- Smoke: 232
- Pollen: 246
From the moment you turn this air purifier on, you should notice fresher, cleaner air from all substances.
Winix C535 ACH Rating
In addition to being able to filter out specific elements, it’s also important to know how long it takes for an air purifier to refresh the air in a room. This process is referred to as “Air Changes per Hour” or “ACH rating”.
The Winix C535 has a 4X ACH rating.
This means that the full volume of air within a room up to 360 sq. ft. is exchanged 4 times an hour.
With the various filters and PlasmaWave technology included in this air purifier, you should be able to notice a huge difference in air quality when this appliance is running.
Top Features of the Winix Air Purifier C535
Not only should you expect your air purifier to make the air in the room fresher and cleaner, but it should give you valuable information and advanced technology.
The Winix C535 air purifier does just that with the following features:
- Air Quality Indicator — This shows you the quality of your indoor air in real-time. An LED light on the front of the device will change from Blue (Good) to Orange (Fair) to Red (Poor).
- Smart Sensors — These sensors monitor the air for pollutants and adjusts the fan speed to be more effective at cleaning the air.
- Automatic Modes — Includes an Automatic Mode that works in conjunction with the smart sensor to make this a hands-free device. A Sleep Mode is also available to keep the air purifier as quiet as possible during the night.
- Four Fan Speeds — You can take full control of this air purifier and set the exact fan speed or let the Automatic Mode shift through the speeds as it detects contaminants.
- Filter Change Indicator — An LED indicator that lets you know when it’s time to replace the filters. This ensures that your air purifier is always operating at optimum efficiency.
- Timer — This allows you to run the device for 1, 4 or 8 hours at a time.
- Remote Control — Surprisingly, not every air purifier includes a remote control. The Winix C535 gives you the ability to have full control of the machine without having to touch the machine.
Design and Size
The Winix C535 air purifier comes in a rectangular shape and is constructed of plastic.
The base is solid, so it will remain balanced and sturdy when placed on a hard, level surface.
The air intake is located on the front and the air outlet is located on the top. Also located on the top of this machine is the control panel.
The dimensions and weight of this air purifier are as follows:
- Dimensions: 25″ (H) x 17.5″ (W) x 11″ (D)
- Weight: 19.4 pounds
Who is the Winix C535 for?
Our Winix air purifier C535 review wouldn’t be complete without giving some practical advice on who should use this product.
This air purifier would work best in homes for people who have the following issues:
- Pet dander and hair
- Moderate amounts of tobacco smoke
- Anyone who wants to remove harmful viruses and mold spores from the air.
- Anyone who needs a high-quality air purifier for average size rooms (or smaller).
Winix C535 Air Purifier Warranty Information
This air purifier comes with a 2-year warranty that claims that the parts of the air purifier will be free from defects. If they are found to have an issue, service will be provided to replace or repair the component that is defective.
What Others Have to Say About the Winix C535 Air Purifier
Still not sure if the Winix C535 True HEPA air cleaner with Plasmawave technology is right for you?
Check out more Winix C535 reviews on Amazon to see what others have to say about them.
We hope those comments and this review are beneficial in helping you make a final decision.