Are you looking for a high-quality air purifier for your home, office, or apartment?
Are you considering the Winix C545 air purifier but need some expert advice about it?
If so, you’re in the right place.
We’ve put together an in-depth Winix C545 review to help you decide if this is the right unit for your needs.
Our goal is to highlight the air cleaning features and capabilities of this popular air purifier so that you know how well it can remove pollutants from your indoor air.
So, let’s get started with the Winix air purifier C545 review to see if this air purifier is a good choice for you.
Disclosure: At Home Air Quality Guides, we want you to find the best air purifier for your needs. All comments and opinions expressed herein are our own and not influenced by the manufacturer. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links below. If you buy a qualifying product, you’re not charged a penny more, but we’ll get a small commission that supports our work. We hope you enjoy this free guide and find the perfect air purifier through our recommendations.
Winix C545 Review
The Winix brand is one of the most successful air purifier manufacturers in the industry.
That’s because Winix uses a patented PlasmaWave technology that can remove a wide range of harmful pollutants and odors from the air.
PlasmaWave technology is why so many people choose the Winix C545 and what makes it stand out among the competition.
The Winix C545 air purifier is also one of the only models that has an Energy Star certification.
That means that not only does this unit do a great job cleaning the air in your home, but it will also save you money on energy costs in the process.
Winix C545 Air Filter Types
The first part of our Winix C545 air purifier review will cover the air cleaning performance of this unit.
The Winix C545 uses a four-stage air filtration system, which is a step above the previous Winix C535 air purifier (another popular model).
The filters included in this unit are the following:
- Pre-filter – The fine mesh pre-filter is in place to capture large contaminants, including hair, dust, and dirt particles. This is a permanent filter, so you can clean it over and over again without having to pay for a replacement.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This filter is in place to reduce indoor odors that come from cooking, pets, smoke, and office equipment. It also has the ability to remove harmful volatile organic compounds (VOCs) from the air, which are invisible toxins that most homes and offices contain.
- True HEPA Filter – This powerful filter captures microscopic pollutants that might be floating in your air. It traps 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size, including pollen, mold spores, allergens, bacteria, smoke, and pet dander.
- Winix PlasmaWave – This is a patented technology by Winix that enhances the air cleaning power of the air purifier. PlasmaWave uses natural water vapor to attack pollutants such as viruses, bacteria, germs, odors, and chemical gases. PlasmaWave is the safest way to break apart harmful pollutants to make the air around you safe and clean to breathe. No other brand includes it.
Winix C545 Room Size Coverage
The Winix C545 was designed to effectively clean the air in the most common size rooms in your home or office.
It has enough power to purify medium to large rooms up to 360 square feet in size.
That amount of coverage makes the Winix C545 good for areas such as:
- Living rooms
- Home offices and workplaces
- Finished basement areas
- Kitchens and dining rooms
- Libraries and studies
- Children’s rooms and nurseries
Here's how other Winix air purifiers we've reviewed compare:
- Winix 5300-2 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix 5500-2 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix AM90 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix C535 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix C545 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix HR900 = 300 sq. ft.
- Winix QS = 320 sq. ft.
- Winix NK100 = 320 sq. ft.
As you can see, Winix has found a sweet spot for room size coverage that meets the majority of people's needs and applied it to most of their air purifier models.
Winix C545 ACH Rating
It’s important to know the ACH rating of air purifiers because it lets you know how hard they work.
ACH stands for “Air Changes per Hour” and this number tells you how many times each hour an air purifier can exchange the volume of air.
The Winix C545 has a 4x ACH rating.
The Winix C545 air purifier can exchange the entire volume of air in a room up to 360 square feet four times every hour, or every 15 minutes.
The 4x ACH rating makes this a good air purifier for anyone who suffers from allergies or asthma since it cleans the air so efficiently.
Winix C545 CADR Rating
We’re not sure why, but many other Winix C545 air purifier reviews leave this section out.
But, it’s an important one to cover.
The CADR rating of an air purifier lets you know how good it is at removing common pollutants from the air.
CADR stands for “Clean Air Delivery Rate” and it’s made up of three numbers for pollen, dust, and smoke.
The CADR rating comes from the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) which is a third-party tester for air purifier manufacturers.
The Winix C545 has the following CADR ratings:
- Dust: 243
- Smoke: 232
- Pollen: 246
The higher the number, and the closer it is to the room size coverage, the more efficient the air purifier is at removing these harmful elements.
The Winix air purifier C545 meets the standards set by the AHAM, so you know it’s a highly efficient unit for cleaning indoor air.
Winix C545 Top Features
This Winix C545 review wouldn’t be complete without highlighting the top features on this air purifier.
While this is not an exhaustive list of every feature available, it does highlight the ones you’ll enjoy most.
- WiFi Enabled – Using the Winix Smart App you can control the Winix C545 air purifier from your smartphone or other mobile devices. You can monitor the indoor air quality, set a timer, or create a schedule for the unit to run at various times during the week. The app also functions as a remote, so you can control the air purifier no matter where you’re located.
- Remote Control — This is available if you don’t want to use the WiFi features.
- Air Quality Indicator – LED lights on the air purifier display real-time information about the air quality in the room. You know exactly how good or bad the air around you is at all times. Blue = Good; Orange = Fair; Red = Poor.
- Smart Sensors — These sensors monitor the air for pollutants and work in conjunction with the automatic modes.
- Auto Mode — When you put the Winix C545 into auto mode, you won’t have to worry about how well it’s running. It will monitor the air quality in the room and adjust the fan speed according to the environment’s needs. This is the best way to get the cleanest, freshest air circulating throughout the room.
- Sleep Mode — This mode is available to keep the air purifier as quiet as possible during the night.
- Filter Change Indicator – A light on the air purifier will let you know when it’s time to replace the filters, ensuring that the unit is working properly to remove harmful particles from the air.
As you can see, the Winix air purifier C545 has a number of useful features that make this a powerful and easy to use air cleaning device.
Winix C545 Design and Size
The Winix C545 is rectangular in shape, although the edges are softened with rounded corners, and the top has a swoop to make it less boxy-looking as you’ll find in other Winix air purifier models.
The air intake covers the entire front of the unit, so it has a bigger surface area to take in large quantities of air.
The air outlet is located on top as well as the control panel.
The Winix C545 comes in white, so it will match with any color scheme or décor you have in your home.
The dimensions and weight of this air purifier are as follows:
- Dimensions: 23″ (H) x 15″ (W) x 11″ (D)
- Weight: 11.5 lbs.
Who is the Winix C545 Air Purifier for?
The Winix C545 air purifier does a great job of removing harmful pollutants from the air, so anyone will benefit from using it.
With the combination of a True HEPA filter, Activated Carbon filter, and PlasmaWave technology, there are no contaminants that this air purifier cannot tackle.
However, there are some people who would benefit even more by owning the Winix C545:
- Anyone with allergies.
- People with asthma or other respiratory conditions.
- Pet owners who want to reduce pet dander and hair.
- Smokers who want to remove tobacco smoke and odor.
- Anyone who wants to remove harmful viruses, bacteria, and mold spores from the air.
- People who want a high-quality air purifier for the most common size rooms.
Winix C545 Warranty Information
The Winix C545 comes with a 2-year warranty. The company will repair or replace the unit if it fails because of a defect in materials or workmanship.
More Winix C545 Reviews
Still trying to decide if this is the right air purifier for you?
Hopefully from this Winix air purifier C545 review, you can see that this unit comes with some great features.
But, if you’re still not sure about the quality of this unit, check out more reviews on Amazon to see what other people have to say about it.
We hope those comments and this Winix C545 review are beneficial in helping you make a final decision.