When it comes to air purifiers, you have probably heard about the Rabbit Air MinusA2, which may make you wonder if it’s a good machine to add to your home.
How well does it work to improve your indoor air quality?
Is it as amazing as people claim it to be?
In this Rabbit Air MinusA2 review, we take a look at this air purifier and all of its features so that you can decide if it’s the one for you.
If you’re looking for a high-quality air purifier made from the best material, then you need to look at what Rabbit Air has to offer.
Not only are they functional and durable, but they also come in unique designs that aren’t often found in other air purifiers.
Let’s get into the details of this Rabbit Air purifier review to give you a better idea of what it has to offer.
Disclosure: Home Air Guides is reader-supported. As an Amazon associate and Rabbit Air affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links on our site. Learn more.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Review
Ranked as the best air purifier you can buy, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier has a six-stage air purification system that eliminates all types of pollutants. It also covers up to 700 square feet, making it one of the most powerful air purifiers available.
Those features are what make this air purifier one of the more costly machines you can buy. But with its capabilities and aesthetically pleasing design and features, you’ll soon find out why that hefty price tag is justified.
As you’ll learn next in this Rabbit Air MinusA2 review, it does an amazing job of improving the indoor air quality of your home.
And it’s equipped with top-notch components that you won’t find in other machines.
In many ways, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is the Cadillac of air purifiers.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Filter Types
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier has an unmatch six-stage air filtration system that can remove the vast majority of contaminants and impurities from your indoor air.
The exact filter types include:
- Pre-filter – This captures large particles, such as dust, hair, and dirt. It’s a permanent filter that can be washed and reused for the life of the device and helps keep the machine running effectively.
- Medium Filter – This is in place to catch anything that the pre-filter might miss, including particles larger than 1.0 micron in size, such as pet dander, large pollen, and mold spores.
- BioGS HEPA Filter – This an advanced True HEPA filter that can capture 99.97% of contaminants down to 0.3 microns in size. This includes the ultrafine pollutants that cause the most health problems, such as dust, allergens, bacteria, viruses, and fungi particles. It also lasts up to two years, which is double the length of time for a standard True HEPA filter.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This filter is specially designed to trap and eliminates odors and chemical vapors (i.e. toxic gases that invade the air).
- Ion Generator – This boosts the air cleaning power of the air purifier by electrically charging airborne particles. This function allows the air filters to more easily trap pollutants and pulls particles out of the air so they don’t end up being inhaled.
- Customized Filter – This filter is what sets the Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier apart from competitors. It allows you to customize one of the internal filters to meet your specific air quality needs. Your options include Germ Defense, Odor Remover, Toxin Absorber, and Pet Allergy filters. Depending on what you want and need in your air purifier, you can fine-tune the device to be most effective at removing particular items from your air.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Room Size Coverage
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 comes in three versions and each one is designed for large rooms.
All but two things are the same between these models except for the room size coverage and Wi-Fi capabilities:
- MinusA2 700A covers up to 700 square feet
- MinusA2 780A covers up to 815 square feet
- MinusA2 780N covers up to 815 square feet (Wi-Fi version)
All of these air purifiers can handle practically any room (or connected rooms) in a standard size home or apartment.
We also recommend the MinusA2 as the best air purifier for office use since it offers the right amount of coverage for many workplace environments.
Some of the best places to use this air purifier include:
- Open layout homes with combination living room/kitchen/dining
- Large family rooms
- Large bedrooms
- Workshops and garages
- Home offices (and office workplaces)
Rabbit Air MinusA2 CADR Rating
When buying an air purifier, it’s good to know how well it is at removing the three most common contaminants: pollen, dust, and smoke.
If a machine rates highly in those areas, then you can feel confident that it will remove hundreds of other impurities from the air too.
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier has been independently tested by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) to get a Clean Air Delivery Rate Rating (CADR) for pollen, dust, and smoke.
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 scored the following CADR numbers:
- Dust: 200
- Smoke: 193
- Pollen: 208
With its six filters, this air purifier is highly effective at removing harmful elements from the air.
And if it’s used as recommended, in a 700 to 815 sq. ft. room, the average person will experience clean enough air for a healthy life.
However, if you suffer from severe allergies or asthma, a good tip is to use the Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier in a smaller size space, ideally up to 400 sq. ft. This will boost the CADR ratings and effectiveness of the machine for people with chronic respiratory issues.
Regardless if you follow that advice or not, the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is still one of the only certified asthma and allergy-friendly air purifiers by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America (AAFA). So, you’re in good hands with it inside your home or apartment.
This certification is also why we consider this unit to be the best pet dander air purifier as it’s very efficient at removing cat and dog dander particles.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 ACH Rating
Another important part of this Rabbit Air MinusA2 review s the ACH rating.
ACH stands for “Air Changes per Hour” and this tells you how long it takes the air purifier to filter the air in the room in a one-hour time span.
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 has an ACH rating of 2X for when used at the suggested room size (700 to 815 sq. ft.) and a 4X ACH rating in rooms half that size (around 400 sq. ft.).
Like the CADR ratings, the average person will do fine with a 2X ACH rating in a large size room, while a severe allergy or asthma sufferer will want a 4X ACH rating by using the air purifier in a smaller room.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Top Features
The Rabbit Air MinusA2 is a top-of-the-line air purifier and it comes with some of the most advanced features:
- Filter Replacement Indicator – This machine has lights that let you know when the filters need to be replaced. So, you never need to guess.
- Light Sensor – When the room gets dark, this sensor will switch the machine into Sleep Mode and then when it gets brighter, the machine will go back into Auto Mode for better air purifying efficiency.
- Auto Mode – This feature changes the fan speed automatically to filter the air at the most efficient rate. You can literally set it and forget it.
- Pollen Mode – This is similar to the Auto Mode but disregards the Light Sensor. If you’re using this air purifier in a living room or other common space, this mode is fine. But, if you’re using the machine in a bedroom then you’ll want to use the Sleep Mode more often.
- Sleep Mode – This restricts the fan speed of the air purifier so it doesn’t kick into high gear or make noise while you’re sleeping.
- Variable Fan Speeds – This air purifier comes with five fan speeds: silent, low, medium, and turbo.
- Air Quality Indicator – This feature uses various colors to let you know the instant air quality of the room.
- Blue = Good
- Purple = Acceptable
- Light Purple = Okay
- Red = Poor
- Ion Indicator – This lets you know when the ionizer is running.
- Mood Light Button – This adds a splash of color to the room and can be used as a nightlight. You can choose from blue, purple, light purple, and pink.
- Remote – Equipped with a remote, you can control this air purifier from across the room to ensure it is running optimally. A Wi-Fi version is also available (MinusA2 780N) if you want to sync the air purifier up to your smartphone.
- Wall Mounting Brackets – This is one of the only air purifiers that can be mounted to a wall. This feature, in itself, makes it a worthy investment.
- Customizable Front Panels – This option allows you to add more style to your machine. You can choose between two colors: white or black, and pick between a number of different designs, such as Hello Kitty, Snoopy, and famous pieces of art. The customizable panel helps the air purifier blend well in a room and/or disappear into the background when mounted on a wall.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Design and Size
To make this Rabbit Air MinusA2 review complete, it’s good to know a few things about the construction of this device.
- This air purifier square in shape and made of durable plastic.
- The control panel is on the front right side and the LED mood light is in the middle.
- The air intake is just behind the front panel, while the air outlet vents are on the top.
The dimensions and weight of this air purifier are as follows:
- Dimensions: 20″ (H) x 21.4″ (W) x 7″ (D)
Weight: 19.4 pounds
As you can see, this air purifier is relatively slim and lightweight. That’s what makes it so easy to hang on a wall, if you do choose to use that option.
Who is the Rabbit Air MinusA2 for?
This truth is that the Rabbit Air MinusA2 air purifier can be used in practically every home, apartment, or office space.
It’s a fantastic machine for improving the total air quality for any person.
But those who’ll get the most noticeable benefit out of this air purifier include::
- Allergy sufferers
- People with bronchitis and COPD
- People with multiple chemical sensitivities
- Anyone who smokes or lives with a smoker
- Pet owners with animals that shed a lot of pet dander or hair
- People want to protect themselves against airborne bacteria, viruses, and mold
- Anyone who wants to eliminate toxic chemicals and gases from indoor air
- Anyone who wants to reduce the level of indoor odors from pets, smoke, garbage, or cooking
Hands down, we consider this to be the best air purifier you can buy today.
Rabbit Air MinusA2 Air Purifier Warranty Information
This air purifier comes with a 5-year warranty that guarantees there will be no defects in workmanship and materials. You also get a 90-day money-back guarantee and 24/7 customer service support.
Are you still wondering if the Rabbit Air MinusA2 is the right air purifier for you?
Read the Rabbit Air Purifier reviews from current customers to see what others have to say about this machine.
We hope those comments and this Rabbit Air MinusA2 review are beneficial in helping you make a final decision.