In this post, we’ll share our review of two of the most popular Coway air purifiers.
- Smart Air AP-1012GH
- Mighty Air AP-1512HH (featured on our best home air purifiers list)
What makes the Coway unique is the fact that it has labeled itself as a “life care company,” one that’s dedicated to creating home wellness appliances that focus on better health and well-being.
The company has aligned itself well with this mission by developing a variety of products that specifically target air purification.
A competitive advantage Coway that has helped make them a leader in this industry is the combination of innovative design, reliability, and use of highly efficient air cleaning technology.
Below, you’ll find a review of the Smart Air and Mighty Air purifiers. We’ll explain what features both products have in common and how they’re different.
By the end of this review, you should know which Coway air purifier would be best for your specific needs.
If you’re interested in comparing other products, you can find additional top air purifier reviews here.
Similarities Between the Smart Air and Mighty Air Purifiers
Regardless if you choose the Smart Air AP-1012GH or Mighty Air AP-1512HH air purifier, you’ll enjoy these benefits:
- 4 stage air filtration
- Washable pre-filter captures large particles such as hair and some dust and pollen
- Odor filter traps particles that produce smells, including pet odors, food and gases
- True-HEPA filter captures 99.97% of dust, allergens, smoke and pet dander and pollen as small as .3 microns
- Ionizer boosts the cleaning power by sending out negative ions into the air that latch onto airborne particles and cause them to fall from the air
- 3 fan speeds allow you to adjust the flow of air to your comfort level
- Automatic Shut-off Timer forces the unit to turn off after 1, 4 or 8 hours of use
- Filter replacement indicator warns you for when it’s time to replace the filters
- Air quality indicator visibly indicates the current quality level of air inside the room
- AHAM Verification attests to the fact that both air purifiers meet or exceed strict air quality standards
- Energy Star Certified to ensure low operating costs
Differences Between Each Air Cleaner
As you just read above, the Smart Air AP-1012GH and Mighty Air AP-1512HH have a lot of features in common, which makes the differences easy to point out.
In fact, there are only two areas in which these Coway air purifiers differ. This includes:
- Maximum air space coverage
- Smart Air = 256 sq. ft
- Mighty Air = 361 sq. ft.
- Smart Air = Vertical, solid color design measuring 24.7 (H) x 13.8 (W) x 8.6 (D) inches
- Mighty Air = Square, two color design measuring 18.3 (H) x 16.8 (W) x 9.6 (D) inches
Aside from the design differences, the key takeaway here is that the Mighty Air purifier can handle larger air spaces.
If you need an air purifier that can handle a large room or office, then the Mighty Air purifier would be the best choice since it can purify an extra 105 sq. ft. compared to the Smart Air product.
No matter which product you choose, you’ll still enjoy the benefit of clean air that a Coway air purifier can produce.