The Allergen Remover line of air purifiers is the latest series of portable floor units by Honeywell.
For many years, Honeywell has maintained a high reputation for producing air purifiers that excel at removing airborne allergens, dust and mold spores.
A few of the flagship products that assisted in this recognition included a set of portable floor devices with the model #’s 50150-N, 50250-S and 1700-S. These devices have received numerous positive ratings and reviews by customers around the world.
Honeywell has since replaced those flagship products with the new Allergen Remover series.
This line of air purifiers has several upgraded features, as well as a more modern design that consumers find attractive.
In this article, we’ll review this set of Allergen Remover air purifiers and show you what features each model has in common and how they’re different. Our goal is to help you discover which one of these air cleaners in best suited for your needs at home.
Disclosure: At Home Air Quality Guides, we want you to find the best air purifier for your needs. All comments and opinions expressed herein are our own and not influenced by the manufacturer. As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links below. If you buy a qualifying product, you’re not charged a penny more, but we’ll get a small commission that supports our work. We hope you enjoy this free guide and find the perfect air purifier through our recommendations.
The models in this new Allergen Remover series include:
Similarities between the HPA100, HPA200 and HPA300
When comparing and contrasting the various models in the Allergen Remover series, you’ll find that each unit contains these powerful features:
- True HEPA filtration captures 99.97% of allergens, dust, bacteria, mold spores, chemicals and gases as small as .3 microns
- Activated Carbon pre-filter serves to protect the True HEPA filter from larger particles, which increases its life span, and also reduces odors caused by cooking, pets, mold and smoke
- Easy tap controls to quickly change operational modes
- Energy Star qualified, which minimizes the annual cost to operate while maintaining powerful output
- Automatic Shut Off Timer with 2, 4 and 8 hour intervals
- AHAM certified for excelling at trapping dust, pollen and smoke
- Recirculates fresh air up to 5x per hour
- 5 year warranty
How Each Model is Different
- Room Size Coverage
- HPA100 – up to 155 sq. ft.
- HPA200 – up to 310 sq. ft.
- HPA300 – up to 465 sq. ft.
- HPA100 and HPA200 – White or Black
- HPA300 – Black only
- Cleaning Levels (Fan Speed)
- HPA100 and HPA200 – 4 levels
- HPA300 – 3 levels
As you can see from the above list, the differences between the three Honeywell Allergen Remover air purifiers is quite narrow. In fact, the only significant change is the Room Size Coverage that each device can handle.
If you are looking to purify a small room, the HPA100 is your best choice. A medium size room would require the HPA200 and anything up to 465 sq. ft. would take the HPA300.
We’re not sure why, but the HPA100 and HPA200 both come with a color choice of white or black. The HPA300 only comes in black. This seems a little odd to us because usually a manufacturer will limit the color options for the lowest model in a series, not the highest, as a way to entice you to upgrade to a more expensive product.
Another odd discrepancy between these Allergen Remover models is that both the HPA100 and HPA200 feature four cleaning levels, while the HPA300 only includes three. This is another example where a company usually does the opposite in order to increase sales – make the lowest model have the least number of cleaning levels and the highest model have the most.
Regardless, the number of cleaning levels really doesn’t matter too much because all it does is changes the fan speed. Honeywell has given these cleaning levels specific names, like Germ, Allergen, General and Turbo, but the truth is that these are equal to the terms Low, Medium, High and Turbo modes.
Overall the HPA300 model is a great choice for anyone who is looking to buy an air purifier for their home. It’s featured as a top rated air purifier on our product review guide.
The HPA200 and HPA300 are also the best allergen remover air purifier devices on the market today.
- Check Current Price for Allergen Remover HPA100
- Check Current Price for Allergen Remover HPA200
- Check Current Price for Allergen Remover HPA300
Allergen Remover Customer Reviews
Below, are some common themes you’ll find among customer reviews for this air purifier series.
- AHAM certification guarantees its effectiveness
- Size and shape allow it to fit anywhere in a room, including a corner
- Fresh air is pumped out the top of the machine, not the front like competitor products
- Automatic shut off timer is a great feature
- Easy to match a model to a particular size room. Not forced to buy too powerful or too weak of a product.
- Nice design
- Filter replacements can be expensive
- Wish HPA300 came in white too, not just black
- Would enjoy the option of having a remote control