Are you looking for a complete Vornado air purifier review guide?
Do you want to know which unit is right for you?
If so, you’ve landed on the right page.
In this guide, you’ll find an in-depth review of every Vornado air purifier model as well as how each one compares to the other (AC200 vs PCO200 vs AC300 vs PCO300 vs AC350 vs PCO375DC vs PCO500 vs AC550 vs PCO575DC).
Our goal is to help you compare all of the top Vornado air purifiers so you can make the right decision for your home or office.
By the end, you’ll have a clear idea of which best home air purifier model is right for your needs.
Disclosure: Home Air Guides is reader-supported. As an Amazon associate and affiliate for independent brands, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links on our site. Learn more.
Vornado Air Purifier Reviews
If you came to this page looking for a review on one particular Vornado air purifier, then you’ll definitely find it here.
But, did you now that Vornado actually has seven whole room air purifier models?
And the one you’re thinking about buying may or may not be the best one for your needs.
We’ll get into those specifics next, but for now, here are the top seven room air purifiers that Vornado offers:
- Vornado AC350
- Vornado AC550
- Vornado PCO200
- Vornado PCO300
- Vornado PCO375DC
- Vornado PCO500
- Vornado PCO575DC
To help you make the best purchase possible, we’ll review the similarities and differences between each Vornado air purifier.
Then we’ll offer some takeaway tips on how to choose the best air purifier for your needs out of all of the products on this list.
So consider this the most comprehensive Vornado air purifier review guide you’ll find online: AC200 vs PCO200 vs AC300 vs PCO300 vs AC350 vs PCO375DC vs PCO500 vs AC550 vs PCO575DC.
Vornado Has Two Types of Air Purifiers
The first thing you should know about Vornado is that this company manufactures two types of air purifiers:
- Standard HEPA air purifiers
- Advanced Silverscreen + HEPA air purifiers
We’re highlighting this difference at the start of this Vornado air purifier review guide so you can more easily understand how each product compares on this page.
The Standard HEPA air purifiers work like most every other air purifier that’s manufactured today. They include a True HEPA filter that captures 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size which includes dust, allergens, pet dander, bacteria, mold spores, and visible smoke. That’s why it’s always found in the best air cleaner for allergies and sinuses.
Standard HEPA air purifiers also contain an Activated Carbon filter for removing airborne odors and gases from cooking, pets, mold, cleaning agents, etc.
The Advanced Silverscreen + HEPA air purifiers have a third layer of protection you won’t find in many other competitor products. Vornado’s Silverscreen technology contains patented TiO2 Media + UV Light to attack viruses, bacteria, harmful gases, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that the True HEPA filter and Activated Carbon filters cannot capture.
The advantage of the Silverscreen models is that you get total air cleaning and security against every known particle or substance that can cause health issues.
Since Vornado air purifiers fall into two categories like this, we’ll separate this guide into two parts:
- Vornado HEPA Air Purifier Reviews
- Vornado Silverscreen Air Purifier Reviews
At the end, we’ll offer some parting advice on how to choose between these two versions if you haven’t already made up your mind.
Vornado HEPA Air Purifier Reviews
The two HEPA air purifiers that Vornado manufactures are:
- AC350 Model
- AC550 Model
And these air purifiers are practically the same with four minor differences.
Differences Between Vornado AC350 vs AC550
1. The most notable difference is the room size coverage:
- The AC350 model covers 220 square feet
- Good for smaller rooms like a bedroom, den, home office, workshop, small apartment, etc.
- The AC550 model covers 335 square feet
- Good for medium-size rooms like a large bedroom, living room, connected rooms (dining/kitchen), etc.
2. The second difference is the number of fan speeds:
- The AC350 model has 3 fan speeds.
- The AC550 model has 4 fan speeds.
3. The third difference is the inclusion of Dust Sensing technology:
- The AC350 doesn’t have a dust sensor and the fan speeds must be controlled manually.
- The AC550 includes a dust sensor to monitor the air quality and automatically adjust output to create ideal room filtration.
4. And the fourth difference is size:
- The AC350 measures 17.7″ (H) x 13.2″ (W) x 10.9″ (D)
- The AC550 measures 27.4″ (H) x 13.2″ (W) x 11.5″ (D)
Similarities Between AC350 and AC550
Everything else about these two Vornado HEPA air purifiers is the same, including:
- Pre-filter — To capture the largest particles, such as dust, dirt, hair, and debris.
- True HEPA Filter — To capture the finest particles down to 0.3 microns in size, such as allergens, mold spores, pet dander, visible smoke, and outdoor pollution. It has a 99.97% efficiency rate.
- Activated Carbon Filter — To reduce household odors and gases that cause smells, such as cooking, garbage, pets, and cleaning agents.
- Filter Change Indicators — To alert you when it’s time to change each filter. The True HEPA filter lasts around 12 months while the Activated Carbon filter is good for about 6-8 months.
Our Recommendation On the AC350 vs AC550
If you’re wondering which of these two Vornado air purifiers you should buy, here are some recommendations:
- Choose the Vornado AC550 model if you want a completely hands-free air purifier that does all of the work for you. It has Dust Sensing technology to automatically change the output based on the level of pollutants it detects in the air.
- Choose the Vornado AC350 model if you want to pay the least amount of money for an air purifier. It costs around $140 versus $250 for the AC550.
- Always use an air purifier that meets or exceeds the size of the room you’re going to use it in. For example, if your living room is 300 sq. ft. then the AC350 is underpowered for that space (it can only handle 220 sq.f.t). The AC550 is your best option because it can cover up to 335 sq. ft.
- Don’t let the number of fan speeds sway your decision. 3 speeds on the AC350 versus 4 speeds on the AC550 doesn’t really matter that much.
See AC350 Reviews on Amazon.com
See AC550 Reviews on Amazon.com
Vornado Silverscreen Air Purifier Reviews
Vornado’s Silverscreen air purifiers come in five versions:
- PCO200 Model
- PCO300 Model
- PCO375DC Model
- PCO500 Model
- PCO575DC Model
And as you got up in model number, the more advanced features you get.
Since each Vornado Silverscreen air purifier is a bit different, we’ll first go over the similarities between every model and then point out the individual differences.
Similarities Between the PCO200 vs PCO300 vs PCO375DC vs PCO500 vs PCo575DC
No matter which Vornado Silverscreen air purifier you buy, you’ll get:
- Pre-filter — For trapping the largest particles, such as dust, dirt, hair, and debris.
- True HEPA Filter — For capturing 99,97% of ultrafine particles down to 0.3 microns in size, such as allergens, mold spores, pet dander, visible smoke, and outdoor pollution.
- Activated Carbon Filter — For reducing household odors and gases that cause smells, such as cooking, garbage, pets, and cleaning agents.
- Silverscreen Filter — Works in combination with the UV light to create a chemical reaction called “photo-catalytic oxidation” to destroy microorganisms and pathogens like bacteria, viruses, and more.
- UV Light — Works in combination with the Silverscreen filter previously mentioned.
- Filter Change Indicators — For alerting you when it’s time to change each filter. The True HEPA filter, Activated Carbon filter, and UV light last around 12 months, and the Silverscreen filters are good for 5 years.
Differences Between the PCO200 vs PCO300 vs PCO375DC vs PCO500 vs PCo575DC
As for the differences between each Vornado Silverscreen air purifier, you’ll find:
Vornado PCO200 Review
This is the most basic air purifier in the Silverscreen line up.
It has a completely manual operation and includes:
- 3 Fan Speeds
- Push-Button Controls
- Control Lock
- Filter Change Indicators
- Covers 175 square feet
If you want the least expensive Vornado air purifier for a smaller room, this is the one to get.
See PCO200 Reviews on Amazon.com
Vornado PCO300 Review
At this level, you start getting into the automatic air purifiers.
This machine—and higher—will detect airborne pollutants and adjust itself automatically to remove them.
This particular model also includes:
- 3 Fan Speeds (same as PCO200)
- Touch-Sensitive Controls (an upgrade from the PCO200)
- Control Lock (same as PCO200)
- Filter Change Indicators (same as PCO200)
- Covers 175 square feet (same as PCO200)
- Dust Sensing technology to monitor the air quality and automatically adjust output to create ideal room filtration (an upgrade from the PCO200),
- Sleep Mode to engage the light sensor that automatically quiets operation in low light conditions (an upgrade from the PCO200).
This is a great upgrade from the PCO200 if you want a fully automatic (hands-free) air purifier.
See PCO300 Reviews on Amazon.com
Vornado PCO500 Review
This model is exactly the same as the PC300 version except for two things:
- 4 Fan Speeds (1 extra compared to the PCO300)
- Covers 265 square feet (90 sq. ft. more than the PCO300)
This is a good choice if you have a medium-sized room and the PCO300 is too small to handle it.
The extra fan speed is not that big of a deal, really. So, don’t let that impact your decision.
See PCO500 Reviews on Amazon.com
Vornado PCO375DC Review
This model is a more advanced version of the PCO300 air purifier.
It covers about the same square footage but gives you more fan speeds and a visual air quality indicator.
The full feature set is as follows:
- 8 Fan Speeds with a Quick Clean option for rapid air purification (an upgrade from the PCO300)
- Touch-Sensitive Controls (an upgrade from the PCO300)
- Control Lock (same as PCO300)
- Filter Change Indicators (same as PCO300)
- Covers 179 square feet (4 sq.ft. more than the PCO300)
- Dust Sensing technology (same as PCO300)
- Sleep Mode (same as PCO300)
- Visual Air Quality Indicator to show you at a glance how good or bad the air quality is in the room. Green = Good, Orange = Moderate, Red = Poor (an upgrade from the PCO300).
See PCO375DC Reviews on Amazon.com
Vornado PCO575DC Review
This model is exactly the same as the PCO375DC version except for one thing: room size coverage.
- Covers 258 square feet (79 sq. ft. more than the PCO375)
If you’re putting the air purifier in a large room, this is the better model to buy.
The price difference is only about $50 and the efficiency of this device more than makes up for that cost.
See PCO575DC Reviews on Amazon.com
Our Recommendations On the PCO200 vs PCO300 vs PCO375DC vs PCO500 vs PCo575DC
If you’re wondering which of these five Vornado air purifiers you should buy, here are some recommendations:
- Choose the Vornado PCO200 model if you want the cheapest Vornado Silverscreen air purifier. It costs around $110 versus $225 and up for the other versions.
- Choose the Vornado PCO300 or any higher model number if you want a completely automatic air purifier. The PCO300 to PCO575DC all have Dust Sensing technology to automatically change the output based on the level of pollutants in the air.
- Choose the PCO375DC or PCO575DC if you want to see in real-time how good or bad the air is around you. These two models include a Visual Air Quality Indicator light to instantly show you this information.
- Choose the PCO500 if you need the most powerful Vornado Silverscreen air purifier. It covers the largest room size at 265 square feet. The second most powerful air purifier on this list is the PCO575DC which covers 258 square feet (sq. f.t).
- Always use an air purifier that meets or exceeds the size of the room you’re going to use it in. For example, if your bedroom is 200 sq. ft. then the PCO200, PCO300, and PCO375DC are all underpowered for that space (they can only handle 175-179 sq.f.t). The PCO500 and PCO575DC are your best options because they can cover 258-265 sq. f.t
Which Vornado Air Purifier Should You Buy?
If you’re still not sure which Vornado air purifier to get after reading this guide, then this section can help.
Figuring out if you should buy a basic HEPA air purifier mode or one of the more advanced Silverscreen + HEPA air purifiers can be a bit tough; however, the choice gets easier when you consider these points:
- The HEPA air purifier models give you more room size coverage for a lower price. If you want a cheaper air purifier that can handle a larger area in your home, then pick either the AC350 or AC550 models.
- If you care about having the cleanest air possible, choose one of the Silverscreen + HEPA air purifier models. These products have the best combination of air purification filters to keep the air you breathe contaminant-free (PCO200 Model, PCO300 Model, PCO375DC Model, PCO500 Model, or PCO575DC)
- Do you have a large area of the home to purify? If so, the Vornado AC550 HEPA air purifier is your best choice. It covers up to 335 sq. ft. The next largest model is the PCO575DC Silverscreen + HEPA air purifier that covers up to 265 sq. ft.
- For smaller rooms and personal spaces under 180 sq. ft., the PCO200 and PCO300 Silverscreen + HEPA air purifiers are great options. Once you get into medium-size rooms (i.e. average size spaces), the AC350 HEPA air purifier becomes the top option because it covers up to 220 sq. ft. For anything larger, you can choose between any of the other model numbers to find the right size air purifier for your needs.
- The Visual Air Quality Indicator feature on the PCO375DC and PCO575DC is hard to beat. Knowing the current state of the air around you is crucial for anyone who wants to keep on top of their health.
What Others Have to Say About Vornado Air Purifiers
We hope this Vornado air purifier review guide has helped you find the right air purifier for your home.
If you’d like to know what other people are saying about these devices, check out the following links for trusted Amazon reviews.
- Vornado AC350
- Vornado AC550
- Vornado PCO200
- Vornado PCO300
- Vornado PCO375DC
- Vornado PCO500
- Vornado PCO575DC
We hope those comments and this in-depth review that compared the Vornado AC200 vs PCO200 vs AC300 vs PCO300 vs AC350 vs PCO375DC vs PCO500 vs AC550 vs PCO575DC help you find the best air purifier for your needs.