Are you looking for a comprehensive Dyson Pure Cool review?
Or more specifically, a Dyson TP02 review or Dyson TP04 review?
If so, you’ve landed on the right page.
In this post, you’ll find an overview of both Dyson Pure Cool Link air purifiers and how they compare.
By the end, you’ll have a much clearer idea of which model is the best home air purifier available for your needs: the Dyson TP01 vs TP02 vs TP04.
Disclosure: Home Air Guides is reader-supported. As an Amazon associate and affiliate for independent brands, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links on our site. Learn more.
Dyson Pure Cool Review (TP01 vs TP02 vs TP04 Models)
Currently, there are two top-selling versions of the Dyson Pure Cool air purifier:
While the Dyson TP01 was the actual flagship model, this review will focus on the Dyson TP02 vs TP04 versions since they’re the most similar.
The Dyson TP01 model lacks Wi-Fi control that the TP02 and TP04 have, so it wouldn’t be a fair comparison in this review.
Also, many people gravitate to buying the Dyson TP02 or TP04 after learning what these devices can do.
As you’ll discover in our Dyson Pure Cool Link air purifier review, both machines offer powerful air filtration and a ton of great features.
However, the differences between each one can be hard to spot.
So, to help you make the right choice, we’ll cover everything you need to know about these two air purifiers below.
The goal here is to give you a full Dyson TP02 review and Dyson TP04 review on one page.
Dyson TP02 vs TP04 Similarities
No matter which Dyson Pure Cool Link air purifier you choose, the Dyson TP02 vs TP04, you’ll enjoy these benefits:
- Air Purification (Using two high-quality air filters)
- HEPA Filter — Captures 99.97% of microscopic particles down to 0.3 microns in size. This includes allergens, dust, mold spores, bacteria, and particulate matter (PM2.5).
- Activated Carbon Filter — Removes Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) and other toxic substances found in the air. It also reduces household odors from cooking, pets, and smoke.
- Air Cooling — These air purifiers double as a cooling fan and have a bladeless design.
- Automatic Mode — A hands-free feature that gives the air purifier total control over air purification. It monitors the air quality and adjusts itself automatically to filter out contaminants.
- Wi-Fi Control — Lets you control the air purifier from any iOS or Android device.
- Dyson Link App — Allows you to monitor the air quality and view reports in real-time. You can also create schedules throughout the week, operate the air purifier when you’re not at home, and check the filter-life.
- Voice Control — Lets you control the air purifier with the sound of your voice by linking it up with a smart home system device like Amazon Alexa.
- Remote Control — Lets you control the air purifier with a handheld device.
- Oscillation — This feature rotates the fan from side to side so that purified and cooled air can be more evenly distributed through the room.
- Night Mode — Dims the display and runs the air purifier more quietly. An ideal mode for sleeping.
Both of these air purifiers are also certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) and deemed to be “asthma and allergy friendly” by the AAFA (Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America) and the ASL (Allergy Standards Limited).
This means that these products have passed a strict set of tests and guidelines for human safety and to help people with asthma and allergies.
Room Size Coverage
With both Dyson Pure Cool air purifier models, you get up to 300 square feet of coverage for air purification.
That makes these devices great for areas like:
- Living rooms
- Open floor plans (a combination of living/dining/kitchen rooms)
- Finished or unfinished basements
- Garages and workshops
- Office spaces
Dyson TP02 vs TP04 Differences
This next section of our Dyson Pure Cool review covers the differences between the TP02 and TP04 models.
While the main components of these air purifiers are relatively the same, there are a few small variations that you should be aware of.
Knowing what these differences are could sway your decision on which model to buy.
- LCD Display — The Dyson TP04 has a new display on the front lower base of the unit. This LCD screen shows you which particles and gases are currently present in the room, such as pollen, dust, bacteria, smoke, nitrogen dioxide, volatile organic compounds, etc. It’s a quick way to know exactly what pollutants are in your indoor air.
- Oscillation Range — The TP04 has 350-degrees of oscillation while the TP02 only has 180-degrees. The TP04 can blow purified and cold air around the full radius of the room.
- Backward Mode — The TP04 includes a backward airflow mode, meaning you can enjoy purified air without the air cooling function. That’s nice to have in the colder months. The TP02 always blows cold air as it purifies it.
- Filter Upgrade — The TP04 has 60% more HEPA material and 3X more Activated Carbon. These filter materials are much more advanced than the TP02 filters.
As you can see, the Dyson TP04 does have a few more advanced features than the Dyson TP02, but those advancements do come at a slightly higher cost.
The Dyson TP04 is priced around $90 more than the TP02 model.
Design and Size (Dyson TP02 vs TP04)
We’re not sure why, but Dyson altered the design and size just a bit between the TP02 to TP04 versions.
Perhaps they did this so you could more easily tell the models apart. As for the exact details of those changes, it includes:
- Color: Dark gray base with a light gray fan top
- Dimensions: 7.7″ (W) x 7.7″ (D) x 40″ (H)
- Weight: 8.4 pounds
- Color: Dark gray base with a white fan top
- Dimensions: 8.8″ (W) x 8.8″ (D) x 45″ (H)
- Weight: 10.9 pounds
Note: Both models also come in a blue color version; however, the TP02 has a blue base with blue fan top while the TP04 has a blue base with a dark gray fan top. That difference is subtle but it’s worth pointing out.
Our Recommendation (Dyson TP01 vs TP02 vs TP04)
Choosing which Dyson Pure Cool Link air purifier to buy can be a tough decision.
Especially because the differences between the Dyson TP02 vs TP04 models are not that significant.
Each air purifiers cover up to 300 square feet of room space, are great for a majority of indoor rooms, and have high-quality air filters.
To help make your purchasing process easier, here are some additional things to consider:
- If you want the cheapest Dyson Pure Cool air purifier you can get, regardless of features, go with the Dyson TP02 model.
- If you want instant alerts of your indoor air quality without reaching for your mobile device, choose the Dyson TP04 model. It includes the upgraded LCD display panel on the body of the unit.
- If you want the widest range of oscillation for air purification and cooling, choose the Dyson TP04 model. It can blow air the full radius of the room.
- If you want the convenience of turning off the air breeze function, get the Dyson TP04 model. It has a backward airflow mode to turn the cooling feature off while still purifying the air.
Who is the Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier for?
No matter which Dyson Pure Cool air purifier you choose, the following types of people will benefit most from either machine:
- Allergy sufferers
- Light smokers
- People with multiple chemical sensitivities
- Anyone who likes to cook and wants to reduce the food odors
- People with pets that want to get rid of pet dander, hair, and odors
- People exposed to high levels of outdoor PM2.5 air pollution (i.e. city living)
- Anyone who wants an air purifier for a bedroom, living room, office space, or small basement
Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier Warranty Information
The Dyson Pure Cool Link air purifiers come with a 30-day return policy that includes free shipping in addition to a 2-year warranty on parts and labor.
What Others Have to Say About the Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier
Still not sure which version is the right air purifier for you?
Check out more Dyson Pure Cool reviews on Amazon to see what other people have to say about them.
We hope those comments and this Dyson TP01 vs TP02 vs TP04 review help you find the best air purifier for your needs.