If you’re considering buying an Envion Therapure air purifier or trying to narrow down which Therapure air purifier to get, you’re in luck — you’ve landed on the most comprehensive Envion Therapure air purifier reviews guide on the Internet.
Here, we’ll examine each Therapure air purifier by explaining how exactly they work, as well as compare and contrast similarities and differences between each model to help you decide which is the best fit for you.
Let’s dive in.
Therapure Air Purifier Reviews Guide
There are six models of Envion Therapure air purifiers that we are going to take a look at:
And we can group these models into two categories:
- Medium to Large Size Rooms (TPP440, TPP240, TPP230, TPP220)
- Small Rooms and Personal Spaces (TPP100, TPP50)
We’ll start by reviewing the four medium to large size air purifiers, then move onto the two smaller models.
Therapure Reviews: TPP440, TPP240, TPP230 & TPP220
One of the most impressive things about Envion is that it created a Therapure air purifier for various sizes of rooms and budgets — meaning no matter what your requirements are, there is likely an air purifier that will work for you
Similarities Between Each Model
No matter which of the larger air purifier models you choose (TPP440, TPP240, TPP230 or TPP220), you’ll get a high-quality device that’s guaranteed to help remove these harmful particles from the air:
- Mold spores
You’ll also find that all of these Therapure air purifier models contains a similar set of features, including:
- HEPA-Type Filter: This is a permanent filter that never needs to be replaced (saving you money). Just vacuum it clean when it gets dirty. It captures pollutants down to 0.1 microns in size (invisible to the naked eye).
- Ultra Violet Light: This technology destroys germs, bacteria, viruses, and mold spores so the air around you is sterile and clean.
- Photocatalyst Filter: This removes dangerous gases and toxic volatile organic compounds from the air, such as paint fumes; household chemical vapors; and gases that leak out of building materials, carpeting, and furniture.
Each of these air purifiers also includes three fan speeds so you can adjust the power of the device up or down as you see fit.
Air Changes Per Hour
Air Changes Per Hour (ACH) indicates how many times an air purifier can exchange the full volume of air inside a room every hour.
These Envion Therapure air purifiers have a 3X ACH rating. This means that every 20 minutes, the air is fully cleaned with these devices as long as they’re used in a room that doesn’t exceed the intended total square footage.
Due to the low weight and tower design of these models, you can easily take them from room to room with you.
Differences Between Each Model
At their core, each Therapure air purifier cleans the air the same way; however, there are some minor differences in the features as you go up in the model numbers.
Those specific differences include:
The TPP220 and TPP230 models are pretty basic without a lot of advanced capabilities.
As for the TPP220:
- It has a manual dial to control the fan speeds.
- It covers up to 210 square feet (sq. ft.) which is good for the smaller end of medium-size rooms (e.g. bedrooms, dens, home offices, etc.).
- Like the TPP220, it also has a manual dial to control the fan speeds.
- It covers up to 350 sq. ft. which makes it good for medium to larger size rooms (e.g. large bedrooms, living rooms, apartment living areas, etc.)
Our Recommendation on the TPP220 vs TPP230
Choosing between the Therapure TPP220 and TPP230 shouldn’t be a tough decision. If you’re going to use the air purifier in a small room, get the TPP220. If you have a larger room, you’ll likely be better off with the TPP230.
Once you hit the TPP240 model number and higher, you start getting more advanced and user-friendly options.
- It has an LED display on the top showing you which controls are active.
- It includes a 24-hour timer that you can use to automatically shut off the unit at a certain time.
- It has a filter clean indicator that alerts you for when it’s time to clean the filter.
- It includes an optional ionizer function to boost the air cleaning power. This charges air particles to make them easier to trap in the HEPA filter.
- It covers up to 343 square feet (sq. ft.) which makes it good for medium to larger size rooms (similar to the TPP220).
The TPP440 has a slight design change from the TPP240 model, most notably the carrying handle on top and the front panel display.
- It has touch buttons for the controls like the TPP240.
- It has an LED display but it’s on the front, not the top like the TPP240.
- It includes a 24-hour timer like the TPP240.
- It has a filter clean indicator like the TPP240.
- It includes an extra night mode function that turns the lights off on the unit. This is good for sleeping.
- It covers up to 395 sq. ft., making it a bit more powerful than the TPP240 to handle larger rooms.
- It doesn’t include an Ionizer. That feature was removed in this model.
Our Recommendation on the TPP240 vs TPP440
The Therapure TPP240 and TPP440 are clearly quite similar.
Aside from design differences, the main thing you need to ask yourself if you’re considering either of these models is, “Do you want the extra ionizer function and slightly smaller room size coverage that comes with the TPP240 or would you rather have a bit more coverage at the expense of removing the ionizer?”
If it were us, we’d pick the Therapure TPP240 for the extra air cleaning ionizer function. But, only if the room we were using it in was less than 350 square feet. Otherwise, we’d have to choose the TPP440 for optimal air cleaning coverage.
Therapure Reviews: TPP100 & TPP50
These last two Therapure air purifier reviews won’t be a very long section.
The fact is that these air purifiers are made for small rooms and personal use.
Inside and out, they’re quite different, so we can’t compare them directly to each other. However, we can give you an overview of how each one works and who would benefit the most by them.
Therapure TPP50 Review
The TPP50 is a compact air purifier without a cord. It doesn’t use a HEPA filter at all but two other types of technology to clean the air.
As for the exact features, you get:
- A pluggable air purifier that fits in any standard wall outlet. This makes it portable and easy to take with you when traveling.
- It uses electrostatic filter strips to collect airborne contaminants. These are permanent and reusable for the life of the product. It’s suggested that you clean them every two weeks.
- It includes an ultra violet light to kill bacteria, viruses, and germs that flow through the system. This creates sterilized air that’s healthier to breathe.
- It covers up to 115 sq. ft. which is great for personal spaces (e.g. small bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, etc.)
- There are no fan speeds or dials to control. You just plug it in and it goes to work purifying the air.
Therapure TPP100 Review
The TPP100 is a micro HEPA air purifier. It’s good for stripping airborne pollen, dust, pet dander, and other common allergens from the air.
As for this model, you get:
- A 360° HEPA-type filter that draws air in from all sides. It’s permanent and can be vacuumed clean.
- 2 fan speeds for you to choose between: high and low.
- Coverage up to 115 sq. ft. (the same amount as the TPP50)
Our Recommendation on the TPP50 vs TPP100
If you’re not sure which air purifier model to choose, the TPP50 versus TPP100, consider these two points:
- The TPP50 kills airborne germs. If that’s important to you, choose this model.
- The TPP100 is more efficient at trapping allergen and dust particles because it has a HEPA-type filter. The TPP50 doesn’t have HEPA material to trap particles but rather “magnetizes” them to small strips. If those particles are a concern to you, choose the TPP100.
All Envion Therapure air purifiers come with a 1-year warranty. It includes the repair or replacement of defects in materials and workmanship.
What Others Have to Say About Therapure Air Purifiers
Not sure which of these air purifiers is right for you?
Check out more Envion Therapure air purifier reviews on Amazon to see what other people have to say about them.
We hope those comments and our Therapure reviews are beneficial in helping you make a final decision.