Are you looking at the IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier and wondering if it’s the best choice for you?
Well, you’re in the right place.
The goal of this IQAir HealthPro Plus review is to help you determine if this unit is one of the best air purifiers for your needs.
We’ll look at the top features and other options available on this air purifier so you can make the best decision possible on whether you should purchase this unit.
Disclosure: Home Air Guides is reader-supported. As an Amazon associate and IQAir affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links on our site. Learn more.
IQAir HealthPro Plus Review
If you’re thinking about adding the IQAir HealthPro Plus to your home, office, or apartment, you can rest assured that you’re getting a high-quality air purifier.
In fact, this IQAir purifier model has won many awards from top companies like:
- Best Buy Consumer Digest
- Allergy Buyer Club
- Apartment Therapy
- Extreme Makeover
- and more
The IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier is manufactured by a company that’s a trusted leader in providing high-quality air purifiers to consumers around the world.
When you invest in this air purifier, you’ll know that that it delivers the cleanest, fresh air possible for you to breathe.
IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Filter Types
Since the IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier is manufactured by a leader in the air purifier industry, you can expect the air filtration system to be top-notch.
It comes equipped with three powerful filters to clean the air around you:
- PreMax Filter – This incredibly powerful air purifier pre-filter has the ability to trap the vast majority of large airborne pollutants and particles from the air, including dust, hair, and lint. This filter also protects the other filters from wear and tear.
- V5-Cell Gas & Odor Filter – This removes a wide range of chemical pollutants and household odors using two advanced air cleaning materials (explained below). It lasts up to 2 years before a replacement is needed.
- Granulated Activated Carbon – This substance is in place to trap more than 200 pollutant gases and odors.
- Chemically Active Alumina Pellets – This has the ability to trap and destroy other harmful chemicals that might be in your air, including formaldehyde and toxic VOCs (volatile organic compounds).
- HyperHEPA Filter – This is an advanced True HEPA filter that takes air filtration to another level. It captures 99.5% of ultrafine pollutants down to 0.003 microns in size, including combustion particles, bacteria, viruses, dust, and allergens (the smallest that exist). It lasts up to 4 years too.
As you can see, the air cleaning power of this IQAir HealthPro plus is so advanced, no airborne pollutants can escape it.
IQAir HealthPro Plus Room Size Coverage
The IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier is a large machine that has the ability to improve the air quality in rooms up to 1,125 square feet in size.
That’s a massive amount of space.
That level of air filtration makes the IQAir HealthPro Plus the best air purifier for large rooms, open concept homes, finished and unfinished basements, office spaces, and more.
There’s really no room inside a home or apartment that this air purifier can’t handle.
Here's how other IQAir purifiers we've reviewed compare:
- IQAir HealthPro Plus = 1,125 sq. ft.
- IQAir HealthPro Compact = 1,240 sq. ft.
- IQAir GC MultiGas = 1,125 sq. ft.
- IQAir Atem = 50-80 sq. ft.
IQAir HealthPro Plus ACH Rating
As a large air purifier, you would expect this unit to be able to clean the air quickly, and it can certainly do that.
The ACH rating, which also stands for “Air Changes per Hour”, tells you how many times per hour an air purifier exchanges the entire volume of air in a room.
The IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier has a 2x ACH rating for rooms up to 1,125 square feet.
This means that it can change the air in extra-large rooms two times every hour or once every 30 minutes.
If you place this air purifier in a smaller room, the ACH rating will go up.
For example, if you use the IQAir HealthPro Plus in a room that’s half the size the unit is rated for (560 square feet), the ACH rating raises to 4X ACH.
With four Air Changes per Hour, the room air is exchanged every 15 minutes or four times every hour.
We explain this concept in more detail in our article on how to calculate ACH here.
IQAir HealthPro Plus CADR Rating
To ensure that your air purifier is working optimally, you want to make sure that it’s removing harmful pollutants from your air.
The CADR rating, which also stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate, is a paid test conducted by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers that looks at how well the air purifier removes smoke, pollen, and dust from the air.
The closer the rating number is to the room size, the more efficient the machine is at removing these common pollutants.
The IQAir HealthPro Plus is not tested by AHAM, so it’s not CADR rated.
However, you can rest assured that this air purifier is excellent at removing pollen, dust, and smoke because of its powerful air filters.
Plus, it’s an award-winning air purifier that tops the charts for any third-party tests.
IQAir HealthPro Plus Top Features
To ensure this IQAir HealthPro Plus review is complete, it’s important to highlight some of the other top features are included with this unit.
- Medical-Grade Air Filtration – The IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier is 100X more effective at removing harmful elements from the air than standard HEPA air purifiers. It captures 99.5% of particles down to 0.003 microns (the smallest that exist).
- 100% Sealed System – This one of the only air purifiers that are 100% sealed internally which means that every single pollutant that enters the unit gets filtered. There are no leaks.
- Powerful and Quiet Fan – The fan motor in this unit is suspended in a housing that includes eight shock absorbers. This design reduces noise, making it one of the quietest air purifiers available. This powerful fan also has low energy usage and costs pennies a day to run your air purifier. This means that you can enjoy clean, fresh air without having to worry about high expenses.
- 320-Degree Air Delivery — After the air is filtered, clean air is pumped back into the room through the top of the unit. With 320-degrees of air delivery, there are no noisy outlets or annoying drafts to contend with.
- Touch Panel and Remote Control — All aspects of this air purifier can be controlled through a touch panel or remote control.
- Caster Wheels — These wheels make it easy to move your IQAir HealthPro Plus from one room to another without having to lift it.
IQAir HealthPro Plus Design and Size
The IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier is a rectangular-shaped air purifier that has a curved bottom and four wheels.
The exact dimensions and weight of the IQAir HealthPro Plus are as follows:
- Width: 15″
- Height: 28″
- Weight: 35 lbs.
The wheels on this unit make it easy to move from one place to another or position perfectly within a room without much effort.
The IQAir HealthPro Plus uses a bottom-to-top airflow system.
The room air is brought in from the bottom, pushed through the filters and cleaned, then distributed into your room from vents on the top.
The controls are also located on the top of the unit, but you can also change the settings with the remote control.
Who is the IQAir HealthPro Plus Air Purifier for?
Since the IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier has fantastic air cleaning capabilities, anyone would benefit from using this unit.
This air purifier strips the air of practically ever harmful pollutants.
However, the following types of people would get the maximum impact out of this air purifier:
- Individuals who suffer from allergies or asthma.
- Individuals who want to reduce bacteria and viruses to stay healthy.
- Individuals who want to reduce harmful airborne chemicals in their home office, or apartment.
- Individuals who want to remove indoor odors for the freshest smelling space.
- Individuals who need a good air purifier for pet hair and dander.
- Individuals who want a large room air purifier.
- Individuals who want one of the best office air purifier models for the workplace.
- Individuals who want the best-of-the-best air filtration system.
- Individuals who want an air purifier with the longest-lasting air filters for low maintenance and operating costs.
IQAir HealthPro Plus Warranty Information
The IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier comes with an impressive 10-year limited warranty for residential use (two years for commercial applications).
To get it all ten years of coverage, you have to register your air purifier after purchase. If you don’t complete the registration, then the warranty is only good for 1 year.
More IQAir HealthPro Plus Reviews
If you’ve been thinking about adding the IQAir HealthPro Plus air purifier to your home, this could be the unit you’re looking for.
It comes from an industry-leading manufacturer and has numerous awards to back up its air cleaning performance.
But if you’re still not sure if this air purifier is the right one, check out more reviews of the IQAir HealthPro Plus on Amazon to see what other people have to say about it.
We also encourage you to see this air purifier up close on IQAir’s website.
We hope those comments and this IQAir HealthPro Plus review are beneficial in helping you make a final decision.