Are you looking for an air purifier that can remove airborne gases, chemicals, and odors from your home?
Have you seen the IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier and wondering if it’s really that effective against those pollutants?
If so, you’ve come to the right place.
We put together this comprehensive IQAir GC MultiGas review to help you find out if this is the right air purifier for your needs.
Below, you’ll learn all about the air cleaning performance and top features of this air purifier so you can make an informed buying decision.
When trying to choose the best air purifiers for your home, having all of the right information can help. So we hope that this review will give you the insight you need to make that choice.
Disclosure: Home Air Guides is reader-supported. As an Amazon associate and IQAir affiliate, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links on our site. Learn more.
IQAir GC MultiGas Review
The IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier is manufactured by IQAir, and they’re one of the top leaders in the air purifier industry.
This company has been in business for more than 50 years, so they a lot about building the highest quality air purifiers.
IQAir’s mission is to offer the best air purifiers available that work hard to keep the air in your home, office, or apartment clean and pure.
And the IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier is no exception.
This is one of the best units offered by the IQAir brand—and in many ways, one of the best units on the market.
What makes the IQAir GC MultiGas so good is that it combines HyperHEPA particle filtration with powerful gas and odor filtration.
IQAir GC MultiGas Air Filter Types
Since this is a high-end air purifier, it comes with a high-quality air filtration system.
The IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier comes with these three powerful filters:
- HyperHEPA Filter – This filter definitely brings some high-quality filtration to this air purifier. The HyperHEPA filter captures 99% of particles that are 0.3 microns and larger. This includes ultrafine dust, pollen, allergens, pet dander, mold spores, and bacteria. Last around 12 months before a replacement is needed.
- MutiGas Cartridges – These filters are one-of-a-kind and remove a wide range of airborne chemical substances, including VOCs (volatile organic compounds), formaldehyde, odors, and smoke. Includes an impressive 12 lbs. (5.4 kg) of granular activated carbon and impregnated alumina for total odor and gas control. Lasts around 2 1/2 years.
- Post-Filter Sleeves – These electrostatically charged sleeves are wrapped around each gas cartridge to make sure that ultrafine particulate matter doesn’t escape from the air purifier. No other air purifiers available offer this level of advanced air cleaning protection. Lasts around 2 1/2 years.
This combination of filters removes the most harmful particles and gases out of the air you breathe.
The IQAir GC MultiGas is excellent for people with Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) and experts recommend it for its unrivaled protection against the particles and gases found in smoke.
IQAir GC MultiGas Room Size Coverage
The IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier is a top-of-the-line air purifier, and as such, it has the ability to clean the air in large rooms up to 1,125 square feet in size.
With such large coverage, this unit is good for areas such as:
- Open concept homes
- Combination living rooms/dining rooms
- Large living rooms
- Master bedrooms
- Office spaces
- Workshops and garages
Here's how other IQAir purifiers we've reviewed compare:
- IQAir HealthPro Plus = 1,125 sq. ft.
- IQAir HealthPro Compact = 1,240 sq. ft.
- IQAir GC MultiGas = 1,125 sq. ft.
- IQAir Atem = 50-80 sq. ft.
IQAir GC MultiGas ACH Rating
If you’re going to be adding any type of air purifier to your home, you want to know how effective it is at removing harmful particles from the air.
Having thick air filters is one thing, but how fast are those filters at cleaning the air?
That’s where the Air Changes Per Hour or ACH rating comes in.
The ACH rating on an air purifier reveals how many times in one hour the unit cleans the entire volume of air in a room.
The IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier has a 2x ACH rating for rooms up to 1,125 square feet.
This means that this air purifier can clean the air two times each hour or every 30 minutes.
You can increase the ACH rating for the IQAir GC MultiGas even further by using it in a smaller room size.
For example, if you use the IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier in a room that’s half the size the unit is rated for (560 square feet), the ACH rating raises to 4X ACH–cleaning the air every 15 minutes or four times per hour.
IQAir GC MultiGas CADR Rating
Another factor that determines if an air purifier is effective is the unit’s ability to remove common pollutants from the air, including smoke, pollen, and dust.
The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) conducts private tests of this sort.
If a brand chooses to have its product tested, they’ll come away with a third-party approved Clean Air Delivery Rating (CADR). However, not all air purifier brands choose to pay for this CADR test.
At this time, the IQAir GC MultiGas is not a CADR air purifier.
IQAir GC MultiGas Top Features
This part of our IQAir GC MultiGas review will cover the best features of this unit.
While this list doesn’t include everything you’ll get with this unit, it does showcase the top benefits:
- 320-Degree Air Delivery – After the air is filtered, clean air is pushed back into the room through the top of the unit. With 320-degrees of air delivery, there are no noisy outlets or annoying drafts to deal with.
- New Edition Fan – This improved fan design ensures that the unit uses less electricity and is super quiet.
- Medical-Grade Air Filtration – With the included HyperHEPA filter, the IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier is 100 times more effective than competing products that use a standard True HEPA filter.
- Filter-Life Monitoring – Since the air filters last for years at a time, you may wonder when it’s time to change them. This air purifier monitors the filters on a daily basis for you and alerts you when it’s time to replace them using color-coded lights.
- Programmable Timer – You can set customized air cleaning schedules for every day of the week. Choose the start and stop times as well as the fan speed.
- Touch Panel and Remote Control — Every aspect of this air purifier can be controlled through a touch panel or remote control.
IQAir GC MultiGas Design and Size
On the outside, the IQAir GC MultiGas is designed much like the other models offered by this brand.
It has a rectangular shape with a curved bottom for air intake.
The air is then pushed through the filtration system and released from vents at the top.
It’s one of the largest units offered by IQAir and has these exact dimensions and weight:
- Width: 15″
- Height: 28″
- Weight: 44 lbs.
As you can see it’s a heavy unit that’s not meant to be moved once you place it in a room.
However, you do have the option of adding caster wheels to the unit to make it easier to move from one place to another or position perfectly in your home, office, or apartment.
Who is the IQAir GC MultiGas Air Purifier for?
As you’ve discovered in this review, the IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier is one of the most powerful units for removing harmful chemicals and odors from the air, in addition to common airborne pollutants like dust, allergens, pet dander, mold spores, and bacteria.
That level of air filtration makes it a good choice for practically any person’s needs.
However, there are some people who would benefit even more out of the IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier, and those include:
- Anyone with Multiple Chemical Sensitivities (MCS).
- People who smoke or living with a smoker (for tobacco smoke and odor).
- Allergy and asthma sufferers
- Pet owners
- Chefs or anyone who likes to cook in the home (for smoke and cooking odors).
- Businesses that use office equipment like printers and copiers (for volatile organic compounds).
- Painters, contractors, and renovating specialists.
IQAir GC MultiGas Warranty Information
Like other air purifiers from this brand, this unit has a 1-year warranty, but it can be extended to 10 years by registering the product after purchase.
More IQAir GC MultiGas Reviews
The IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier is an incredibly powerful unit that can remove a lot of harmful pollutants from the air around you.
But if you’re still not sure if this is the right air purifier for you, then check out more reviews of the IQAir GC MultiGas air purifier on Amazon to see what other people have to say about it.
We hope those comments and this IQAir GC MultiGas review are beneficial in helping you make a final decision.