Are you looking for an easy-to-use air purifier that can clean the air in your home, apartment, or office?
Are you considering the Winix NK105 Wi-Fi air purifier but not sure if it’s the right one for your needs?
If so, you’ve come to the right place.
n this Winix NK105 review, we’ll look at this air purifier and tell you what you need to know to determine if this is the right unit for you.
You’ll learn about air cleaning features, performance, and capabilities that this air purifier has to offer.
At the end of this Winix NK105 tower air purifier review, you should have the information that will help you decide if this Wi-Fi air purifier is the best option for you.
Disclosure: Home Air Guides is reader-supported. As an Amazon associate and affiliate for independent brands, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links on our site. Learn more.
Winix NK105 Review
The Winix brand offers a variety of tower air purifiers, and the Winix NK105 air purifier is one of several.
The Winix NK105 Wi-Fi air purifier includes everything the Winix NK100 has to offer but also comes with upgraded smart Wi-Fi controls.
If you’re looking for an air purifier that effectively cleans the air in your home, the Winix NK105 tower air purifier may be what you need.
Winix NK105 Air Filter Types
To start this Winix NK105 review, let’s take a look at the filter types included in this air purifier.
The Winix NK105 tower air purifier has a four-stage air filtration system:
- Pre-filter – The pre-filter captures large particles, including lint, dust, hair, and dirt.
- True HEPA Filter – This filter has the ability to remove 99.97% of airborne particles that are as small as 0.3 microns in size. This includes particles such as mold spores, pollen, pet dander, bacteria, and ultrafine dust.
- Activated Carbon Filter – This filter removes odors. It can capture pet odors, tobacco smoke, and cooking smells. It can even trap harmful airborne chemicals that might be polluting your indoor air, including volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Winix PlasmaWave – This feature is unique to the Winix brand, and it works hard to make the air in your home pristine. The special technology transforms the air into a plasma state where it reacts with water vapor to break apart pollutants, including viruses, bacteria, and VOCs.
This air filtration system is combined into a single 360° all-in-one filter design, making replacement easy.
Every 12 months, all you have to do is take out one dirty filter and replace it with a clean one.
As for the PlasmaWave feature, it never needs to be replaced since it works outside of the filters.
Winix NK105 Room Size Coverage
Most of the air purifiers manufactured by the Winix brand are for use in medium-sized rooms, and the Winix NK105 tower air purifier is no exception.
The Winix NK105 room air purifier works ideally in rooms up to 320 square feet in size.
That makes this air purifier good for the following rooms:
- Living rooms
- Home offices
- Workplace offices
- Children’s rooms
- Small finished basement areas
Here's how other Winix air purifiers we've reviewed compare:
- Winix 5300-2 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix 5500-2 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix AM90 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix C535 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix C545 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix HR900 = 300 sq. ft.
- Winix QS = 320 sq. ft.
- Winix NK100 = 320 sq. ft.
- Winix NK105 = 320 sq. ft.
As you can see, Winix has found a sweet spot for room size coverage that meets the majority of people's needs and applied it to most of their air purifier models.
Winix NK1050 ACH Rating
The Winix NK105 is a fast-working unit.
In fact, it’s one of the fastest air purifiers for cleaning your indoor air.
The speed at which an air purifier can clean the air inside a room is referred to as the ACH rating.
ACH is short for “Air Changes per Hour” and this essentially tells you how many times per hour the air purifier can recycle the same room air.
The Winix NK100 air purifier has a 5x ACH rating.
That means this tower air purifier can clean the air in a 320 square feet room once every 12 minutes or five times each hour.
Winix provides the ACH rating for you, but if you’re curious about how this number is calculated, then check out our guide on how to calculate ACH.
Winix NK105 CADR Rating
Every building contains some level of these three common airborne pollutants: smoke, dust, and pollen.
And your air purifier should be good enough to remove those contaminants.
The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) is an organization that puts air purifiers to the test against those pollutants.
The results of that test are referred to as the CADR rating or “Clean Air Delivery Rate”.
The Winix NK105 CADR rating is as follows:
- Dust: 221
- Pollen: 218
- Smoke: 207
The closer the CADR numbers are to the room size coverage of the air purifier, the more effective the unit is at removing those particles. (See our post on CADR meaning for more details.)
The Winix NK105 Wi-Fi air purifier has good CADR ratings since these measurements are at least 2/3 the square footage size that it’s rated to cover, which is what you want to see in a top air purifier.
Winix NK105 Top Features
The Winix NK105 tower air purifier comes with some advanced features, as well as some options that make this unit easy to use.
These include the following:
- Wi-Fi Smart Controls – The Winix NK105 air purifier can be connected to your smartphone or other mobile devices. After downloading the app, you have the ability to control the functions from your phone, as well as set daily air cleaning schedules and turn the machine on and off no matter where you are (you don’t even have to be in the room!), as long as you are connected to the internet.
- Smart Sensors – These sensors keep tabs on the air quality of the room and look for airborne pollutants. If any are found, a signal is sent to the air purifier to automatically adjust the fan speed to remove the particles.
- Automatic Mode – This mode works with the Smart Sensors to ensure that clean air is being delivered at all times. You don’t need to adjust the fan speed settings.
- Air Quality Indicator – This ring of light is located on the top of the unit and displays real-time information on the air quality in the room. The LED light changes colors from blue (good), amber (fair), and red (poor).
- 4 Fan Speeds – When it comes to controlling the Winix NK105 tower air purifier manually, you can choose from four fan speeds: low, medium, high, and turbo.
- LED Auto-Dim Feature – If you dim or turn off the lights in the room, this sensor will notice and adjust the brightness of the LED lights on the control panel. This ensures that they don’t disturb you while you are sleeping or watching TV in a dark room.
- Filter Replacement Indicator – These lights let you know that it’s time to replace the filter so that you always have clean, fresh air circulating throughout your space.
- Child Lock – If you have small children or pets in your home, this feature ensures that the settings on your Winix NK105 tower air purifier don’t accidentally get changed.
Winix NK105 Design and Size
The Winix NK105 tower air purifier has won several awards for its design and shape, including the 2016 Red Dot Award and Good Design Award.
Like the other tower air purifiers from the Winix brand, the air intake grills on the Winix NK105 air purifier are located on the lower half of the front and back of the unit to draw room air in.
The clean air output vent is on the top of the unit, as is the control panel.
The dimensions and weight of this machine are as follows:
- Dimensions: 29.5″ (H) x 12″ (W) x 12″ (D)
- Weight: 17 pounds
The Winix NK105 tower air purifier also comes with a handle on the back of the unit so that it’s easy to move from one room to another.
Who is the Winix NK105 Air Purifier for?
The Winix NK105 Wi-Fi air purifier can be a good addition to any home, office, or apartment.
It removes the most common airborne pollutants, chemicals, and gases to keep the air around you safe and clean to breathe.
But when it comes to the specific types of people who would benefit the most from adding the Winix NK105 air purifier to their space, those include:
- Individuals with asthma or other respiratory conditions.
- Individuals who suffer from allergies.
- People hoping for a cleaner home and less dust accumulation.
- Individuals who want to remove harmful viruses, bacteria, and other microorganisms from the air.
- Individuals who are trying to reduce the level of toxic VOCs in their homes or office.
- Individuals looking for a high-quality air purifier for average-sized rooms, including living rooms, bedrooms, office spaces, etc.
- Individuals who have a smart home or just want a good Wi-Fi air purifier with app control and voice activation.
Winix NK105 Warranty Information
The Winix NK105 warranty lasts for 2 years and claims that the air purifier parts will be free from defects. If any component is found to be defective, service will be provided to replace or repair the part.
More Winix NK105 Reviews
As you discovered, the Winix NK105 tower air purifier does an excellent job of removing harmful airborne pollutants.
But, if you’re still wondering if the Winix NK105 Wi-Fi air purifier is right for you, then check out more reviews on Amazon to see what other people have to say about it.
We hope those comments and this Winix NK105 review are beneficial in helping you make a final decision.