Are you looking for an air purifier that does more than just clean the air?
How about an air purifier that also doubles as a Bluetooth speaker?
If that sounds good, then you’ll enjoy this Winix QS review.
The Winix QS air purifier is a one-of-a-kind unit that can keep our indoor air clean while also playing your favorite music.
But, is the Winix QS really capable of doing all it says it can do?
To find out for sure, we’ll look at all of the top features and capabilities of this smart home air purifier so you can decide if it’s the right air purifier for you.
Disclosure: Home Air Guides is reader-supported. As an Amazon associate and affiliate for independent brands, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links on our site. Learn more.
Winix QS Review
The Winix tower QS is manufactured by a company that has a great reputation when it comes to developing air purifiers.
With more than 40 years of experience, Winix has been developing high-quality air purifiers that meet the demands of consumers. The brand always ranks high on our list for the best air purifier for home.
The Winix QS air purifier is a perfect example of this.
This model has a lot of advanced air cleaning features and modern technology extras that make it a must-have air purifier for a lot of people.
The fact that it comes from a recognized and trustworthy brand ensures that it will do a good job of improving the air quality in your home by making the air fresh and clean to breathe.
Winix QS Air Filter Types
Similar to other tower air purifiers offered by this brand (Winix Nk100 and Winix NK105), the Winix tower QS has a four-stage air filtration system that consists of the following:
- Pre-filter – Like all pre-filters, this one is in place to capture the large particles that are contaminating your air, such as dust, hair, lint, and dirt.
- True HEPA Filter – The best air purifiers on the market include a True HEPA filter because it removes 99.97% of particles down to 0.3 microns in size. The Winix QS air purifier has the ability to trap ultrafine dust, pollen, allergens, mold spores, and bacteria.
- Coated Deodorization Filter – This air purifier model has a special coating of Activated Carbon to reduce large amounts of odor in the air and remove harmful chemicals that might have a negative impact on your health. Examples include pet odors, cooking smells, musty mold odor, and volatile organic compounds (VOCs).
- Winix PlasmaWave – This feature makes the Winix brand stand out from the rest, and it has the ability to make the air in your home incredibly clean and fresh. It uses special technology to put air into a plasma state that reacts with water vapor to break apart pollutants like bacteria, viruses, and VOCs.
One final thing to note about the Winix QS air cleaning system is that it uses a 360° all-in-one filter design.
That means all of the air filters mentioned above (minus the PlasmaWave technology) are wrapped up into a single filter.
So, replacement is easy. Just take out one dirty filter and replace it with a clean one every 12 months.
Winix QS Room Size Coverage
The Winix tower QS was developed for medium-sized rooms, and this air purifier can clean the air in a room up to 320 square feet.
That amount of power makes it good for areas such as:
- Living rooms
- Home offices
- Workplace offices
- Children’s rooms
- Small finished basement areas
Here's how other Winix air purifiers we've reviewed compare:
- Winix 5300-2 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix 5500-2 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix AM90 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix C535 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix C545 = 360 sq. ft.
- Winix HR900 = 300 sq. ft.
- Winix QS = 320 sq. ft.
- Winix NK100 = 320 sq. ft.
- Winix NK105 = 320 sq. ft.
As you can see, Winix has found a sweet spot for room size coverage that meets the majority of people's needs and applied it to most of their air purifier models.
Winix QS ACH Rating
To ensure that you’re getting the most efficient air purifier for your needs, it’s helpful to know how many times per hour it can clean the air.
This specification is referred to as the ACH rating or “Air Changes per Hour”.
The Winix QS has a 5x ACH rating.
That means this air purifier can clean the air in a 320 square feet room once every 12 minutes or five times each hour.
Winix QS CADR Rating
Another feature that you want to look at to help you determine if an air purifier is right for you is how well it removes common pollutants from the air.
This test is called the “Clean Air Delivery Rate” or “CADR rating” and it’s conducted by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM).
The results of those that test tells you how effective the air purifier is at removing substances such as dust, smoke, and pollen.
The Winix QS CADR rating is as follows:
- Dust: 221
- Pollen: 218
- Smoke: 207
These are good CADR ratings.
What you want is an air purifier with numbers that are at least 2/3 the square footage size that it’s rated to cover.
In this case, the Winix QS air purifier can handle 320 square feet and these CADR numbers are more than efficient for that size room.
Winix QS Top Features
The Winix tower QS comes with some advanced features that you won’t find in competing brands, such as JBL Bluetooth speakers.
It also has modern functionalities as a smart air purifier.
As for the top features of the Winix QS, those include:
- JBL Bluetooth Speakers – You won’t find this feature in any other air purifier model. The JBL Bluetooth speakers allow you to connect to the unit wirelessly to listen to your favorite music. It’s a brilliant idea that other brands should copy since it reduces the need for having two devices in your home: an air purifier and Bluetooth speaker unit.
- Wi-Fi Control – In addition to being able to listen to your favorite tunes through the Winix QS air purifier, you can also control the settings with your smartphone. This gives you the ability to change fan speed settings, turn the unit on or off, creating customized air cleaning schedules, and more without having to be near the air purifier.
- Air Quality Sensor – This sensor constantly monitors the air quality in your space and automatically adjusts the fan speed to ensure that you’re getting the freshest air pumped into the room.
- Light Sensor – When this sensor notices that the light in the room has darkened, it will lower the fan speed and dim the display lights so that you can continue to get clean air without a lot of distractions while you sleep.
- Air Quality Indicator – This feature includes an LED indicator to let you know what’s going on in the air around you. The color changes between blue (good air quality), amber (average air quality), and red (poor air quality).
Winix QS Design and Size
This Winix QS review wouldn’t be complete without discussing the design and size of the unit.
This air purifier has a sleek, round tower shape, with one color choice: white.
The air intake grills are located on the lower half of the front and back of the unit to draw room air in.
The clean air output vent is on the top of the unit, as are the control buttons.
You can’t see the JBL Bluetooth speakers because they’re hidden behind a gray plate on the front of the air purifier.
However, the sound quality is amazing for a small pair of 8-watt speakers.
The dimensions and weight of this machine are as follows:
- Dimensions: 29.5″ (H) x 12″ (W) x 12″ (D)
- Weight: 18 pounds
Finally, the Winix QS tower air purifier also has a handle on the back of the unit to make it easy to move from one place to another.
Who is the Winix QS Air Purifier for?
The Winix QS air purifier does a great job of removing the widest range of airborne pollutants, so it’s a good option for most people.
Additionally, with the inclusion of JBL Bluetooth speakers, this unit is also a great choice for anyone who wants modern connectivity in a home appliance.
As for the specific types of people would benefit most from the Winix QS, those include:
- Anyone who suffers from allergies.
- Anyone with asthma or other respiratory conditions.
- Anyone who wants a cleaner home with less dust accumulation.
- Anyone looking to remove harmful bacteria, viruses, and other germs from the air.
- Anyone who wants to reduce the level of toxic volatile organic compounds (VOCs) indoors.
- Anyone who wants a high-quality air purifier for average-sized rooms, such as bedrooms, living rooms, office spaces, etc.
- Anyone who wants a dual-purpose unit: air purifier plus Bluetooth speaker all wrapped up into one device.
Winix QS Warranty Information
The Winix QS warranty lasts for 2 years and claims that the air purifier parts will be free from defects. If any component is found to be defective, service will be provided to replace or repair the part.
More Winix QS Reviews
As you discovered, the Winix tower QS is different from many of the other air purifiers on the market, especially since it comes with speakers.
Hopefully, the information above helped you decide if this is the right air purifier for you or not.
But, if you’re still not sure, then check out more reviews on Amazon to see what other people have to say about it.
We hope those comments and this Winix QS review are beneficial in helping you make a final decision.