Are you a pet owner?
Are are you looking for a good air purifier to reduce pet dander, hair, and smells in your home?
Have you seen the GermGuardian AC4300 air purifier but not sure if it can help with all of your pet needs?
If so, you’ve come to the right place.
We put together this GermGuardian AC4300 review so you can find out exactly how well it works to clean the air.
Below, we’ll look at the top features and capabilities of the GermGuardian AC4300 PetPure air purifier to help you decide if it’s the right choice for your home and your furry family members.
So, let’s get started.
Disclosure: Home Air Guides is reader-supported. As an Amazon associate and affiliate for independent brands, we earn from qualifying purchases made through the links on our site. Learn more.
GermGuardian AC4300 Review
The GermGuardian AC4300 PetPure air purifier is made by a brand that has a strong reputation for creating the most versatile air purifiers.
This air purifier, in particular, was developed with pet owners in mind.
Not only does it include powerful air cleaning features to keep pet dander, hair, and odors out of your indoor air, but it also helps protect the health of your animals too.
As you’ll discover, the GermGuardian AC4300 air purifier can improve the total air quality in your home for the benefit of both you and your pets.
GermGuardian AC4300 Air Filter Types
The GermGuardian AC4300 air purifier comes with a three-stage air filtration system that includes:
- Activated Carbon Pre-filter – This special pre-filter is made with Activated Carbon which has the ability to remove pet odors. It also traps the largest contaminants like pet hair, dust, and dirt. Additionally, this filter can also reduce airborne gases and chemicals called “volatile organic compounds” or “VOCs” that are commonly found inside our homes.
- True HEPA Filter with Pet Pure Treatment – Pet dander ranges in size, and most of it is microscopic. So, the True HEPA filter works to capture 99.97% of particles that are 0.3 microns in size, such as pet dander, dust, and other allergens. This filter also has a special Pet Pure antimicrobial treatment that inhibits the growth of mold and odor-causing bacteria on the filter’s surface.
- UV-C Light – This feature protects you and your pets from harmful germs that could impact your health. The UV-C light is the only technology that can destroy airborne viruses, bacteria, and mold spores. It can be turned on or off.
The air filters last between 6 to 8 months before a replacement is needed.
The UV-C light can last up to 12 months or more depending on how often it’s used and the environmental factors.
Room Size Coverage
The GermGuardian AC4300 PetPure air purifier is a slim unit but covers a decent amount of space.
The GermGuardian AC4300 can clean the air in rooms up to 153 square feet in size.
That means it works well in areas such as:
- Living rooms
- Dining rooms
- Home offices
- Pet rooms
- Children’s playrooms
- Small finished or unfinished basement areas
Here's how other GermGuardian air purifiers we've reviewed compare:
- GermGuardian AC4100 = 78 sq. ft.
- GermGuardian AC4200 = 105 sq. ft.
- GermGuardian AC4300 = 153 sq. ft.
- GermGuardian AC4820 = 158 sq. ft.
- GermGuardian AC4825 = 167 sq. ft.
GermGuardian AC4300 ACH Rating
All air purifiers have an ACH rating.
The ACH rating is short for “Air Changes Per Hour” which informs you of how many times an air purifier can clean the air inside a room.
The GermGuardian AC4300 has a 4x ACH rating.
What this means is that this unit can clean the full volume of air once every 15 minutes or four times in one hour.
Having an ACH rating of 4x makes the GermGuardian AC4300 air purifier a very efficient device to own.
If you want to learn more about how this number is calculated, then check out our guide on how to calculate ACH; however GermGuardian already gives this data to you.
GermGuardian AC4300 CADR Rating
In addition to having an air purifier that does a good job of removing pet dander, hair, and odors, you also want it to remove other common pollutants that impact you and your pet’s health, including dust, pollen, and smoke.
The Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) puts air purifiers to the test to see how well they work to remove these elements, and the results are called the “CADR rating” or “Clean Air Delivery Rate”.
When it comes to getting an effective and efficient air purifier, the CADR numbers need to be at least 2/3 of the room size coverage.
The CADR ratings for the GermGuardian AC4300 air purifier are:
- Dust: 107
- Pollen: 116
- Smoke: 99
These measurements meet or exceed the 2/3 rule that’s outlined by the AHAM.
The GermGuardian AC4300 air purifier is a simple device that comes with some good features to make it easy to use.
Those top features include:
- 3 Fan Speeds – With multiple fan speed settings, you can choose how fast or slow the air purifier cleans the air. The low fan speed setting is ultra-quiet so you can use the air purifier in a bedroom without any worries. The highest fan speed is good for times where extreme odors, dander, or hair are present and you want to quickly remove those contaminants. The medium speed is a good in-between setting for everyday use.
- Filter Replacement Indicator – This feature lets you know exactly when the filter on this unit needs to be replaced. That way, you’ll always have a fresh filter that’s ready to capture the most airborne particles.
- Carrying Handle – This handy feature lets you move the air purifier from room to room if you’d like. Having a handle means you don’t necessarily have to buy a separate air purifier for each room unless you want that convenience.
- Energy Star Certified – This label ensures that the GermGuardian AC4300 uses the lowest energy possible to deliver clean, fresh air inside your home.
Design and Size
The GermGuardian AC4300 PetPure air purifier has a sleek, modern design.
It comes in two color choices: white and black.
This slim tower air purifier has the air intake grille on the back.
Clean air is delivered back into the room through two air vents that are positioned just behind the front panel.
The controls are located on the top of the unit.
It has a round LED light located on the front of the air purifier to let you know it’s running.
The dimensions and weight of the GermGuardian AC4100 are as follows:
- Dimensions: 22″ (H) x 6″ (W) x 8.8″ (D)
- Weight: 9.5 pounds
As you can see, this is a lightweight air purifier that doesn’t take up much space.
Who is the GermGuardian AC4300 Air Purifier for?
We’ve covered a lot of important information so far in this GermGuardian AC4300 review.
But, who would benefit the most from this device?
The GermGuardian AC4300 PetPure air purifier can be used by anyone, but it’s especially beneficial in homes with pets.
This air purifier was designed to tackle pet dander, hair, and odors and has a special Pet Pure antimicrobial treatment to prevent the growth of od0r-causing bacteria and mold on the True HEPA filter.
Since it’s also good at removing pollen and other pollutants, this unit can also be used in homes where people suffer from allergies or asthma.
Being equipped with a UV-C light that can destroy viruses and bacteria, this air purifier is a great option for homes where people are trying to reduce the chances of their pets and themselves getting sick.
Overall, the GermGuardian AC4300 air purifier is a good choice for anyone who wants clean air indoors.
The only airborne pollutants we wouldn’t recommend it for are for heavy tobacco smoke.
The CADR rating for smoke was on the low end, so it’s not the best choice for smokers. And, it wasn’t designed to be either.
This air purifier comes with a 3-year limited warranty.
The GermGuardian AC4300 PetPure air purifier was created with pet owners in mind, but it can remove a wide variety of airborne particles from the home.
If you’re still wondering if the GermGuardian AC4300 air purifier is the right unit for you, then check out more reviews on Amazon to see what other people have to say about it.
We hope those comments and this GermGuardian AC4300 review are beneficial in helping you make a final decision.